Internship Opportunity at Council of Governors
The Council of Governors is composed of the Governors of the forty-seven counties and its main functions are the promotion of visionary leadership; sharing of best practices and; offer a collective voice on policy issues; promote inter – county consultations; encourage and initiate information sharing on the performance of County Governments with regard to the execution of their functions; collective consultation on matters of interest to County Governments.
Scope of Assignments
Support the Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee in monitoring best practices and emerging trends and technologies with respect to Urban Planning.
The specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the day to day activities of the Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee at the Council;
- Analysis, review and monitoring of all policies and legislation at national and county levels relating to the Urban Development Committee, Planning and Lands Committee;
- Conduct research work, analysis of documents and preparation of position papers, policy briefs, success stories in the Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee;
- Analysis of how various functions are to be performed by both levels of government to support Urban Development and to;
- Assist in coordination and harmonization of CoG positions and priorities on Land administration and management matters;
- Representing the Council of Governors externally at events and with external stakeholders;
- Serve as point of contact for day-to-day management issues of Land administration and management within the Council of Governors;
- Assist in handling and monitoring all matters relating to the management and sustainability of urban areas and cities within Counties;
- Assist to gather information on matters related to land survey and mapping;
- Supporting in seeking for transparent, sustainable, and accountable solutions for subdividing and transferring of land;
- Assist in coordinating and gathering details of conference timelines and ensuring that deadlines are met;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Assignments will be task managed by the Council of Governors Committee supervised by and reporting to the Program Assistant – Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee.
Duration of the assignment
The internship duration is for a period of six (6) months.
- Have a Bachelor Degree in Urban and Regional Planning from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in Computer applications.
- Experienced in undertaking comprehensive research;
- Outstanding Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail;
- A high level of computer literacy and proficient in written and spoken English and Kiswahili; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The post Internship Opportunity at Council of Governors appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.