Internship Opportunity at Council of Governors
The Council of Governors is composed of the Governors of the forty-seven counties and its main functions are the promotion of visionary leadership; sharing of best practices and; offer a collective voice on policy issues; promote inter – county consultations; encourage and initiate information sharing on the performance of County Governments with regard to the execution of their functions; collective consultation on matters of interest to County Governments.
Scope of the Internship Assignment
The assignment shall entail:
- Assist in the day to day activities of the Agriculture Committee;
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a data base for all the CECs Agriculture, Chief Officers Agriculture, Directors Agriculture;
- Assist in convening and taking minutes for the weekly Committee meetings;
- Assist in research work on contemporary issues, analysis of documents and preparation of position papers, policy briefs, and success stories the Agriculture sector;
- Assist in preparation of the Committee media briefs in conjunction with the Communication Department;
- Recording decisions and key elements of discussions at Committee meetings;
- Assist in tracking of the media reports on the Agriculture sector and developing a status update matrix on the decisions taken so far on the issues highlighted;
- Monitor the implementation of the Committee workplan;
- Assist in any responsibility related to the Committee;
- Assist in coordinating, planning and administration of the Agriculture sector functions of the Counties;
- Assist in organizing and participating in interactive Agriculture fora;
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Reporting and Supervision
Assignment will be task managed by the Council of Governors Committee on Agriculture, supervised by and reporting to the Head of the Agriculture Committee.
Duration of the Assignment
The internship duration is a maximum of one (1) year renewable after the first six (6) months based on the performance and availability of resources.
Required Training and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Economics, Bachelor of Science Agribusiness Management , Bachelor of Science Agriculture Resources Management or any other Relevant Degree in Agriculture.
- Certificate in Computer applications.
- Experienced in undertaking comprehensive research;
- Outstanding Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail;
- A high level of computer literacy and proficient in written and spoken English and Kiswahili; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The post Internship Opportunity at Council of Governors appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.