Internship Opportunity: Finance/Grant Management at SNV
Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in many of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
The Climate Resilient Agribusiness For Tomorrow – East Africa (CRAFT-EA) Programme is a 5-year, € 39 million project being implemented in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. The project uses an inclusive Business Development approach to support the international and Dutch efforts on climate change and sustainable production in arable farming. The programme will work with and through the private sector and supports public sector partners in creating an institutional environment for wide-scale adoption of CSA-practices. It is driven by 3 pillars: i) adoption of CSA practices & technologies in arable crop production farming systems; ii) acceleration of investments and business growth in selected value chains; iii) improved enabling environment for scaling out of CSA. Interventions are centred on business cases which are derived from a thorough climate risk assessment and financial analysis of value chains in pulses, oilseeds, potatoes, and grains. A climate smart business case matching grant facility aims to further improve access to finance and facilitate scaling. The programme is implemented by a consortium consisting of SNV, Wageningen University & Research (WUR), the CGIAR research programme on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS), Agriterra and Rabobank, and is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DGIS).
The CRAFT programme in Kenya wishes to announce an internship vacancy in the finance unit. The opportunity envisages that the intern will gain experience on project administration, finance, sub grant management, procurement, and logistics.
- Support the review of partner’s Quarterly financial reports for consistency, completeness and accuracy of documentation;
- Compile documents and relevant information for maintenance of the CRAFT grantee database;
- Verify and compile regular summaries of partners financial status reports;
- Assist in performing monthly analysis of expenditure reports from the SNV accounting system;
- Assist in monitoring partners’ liquidation reports (progress and final), review and verify documentation and financial report;
- Assist in monitoring funding status of each sub-recipient according to the agreements;
- When applicable, assist with budget preparation, reviews and reallocations;
- Provide short biweekly report on activities undertaken and emerging issues;
- Where applicable, assist in ensuring compliance to Donor regulations and award requirements;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Project Finance Officer, Country Finance Manager and the CRAFT Project Manager
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/commerce
- Professional course certificate such as CPA, ACCA, will be an added advantage
- Computer literate
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili; written and oral;
- Intermediate /advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and especially Excel).
The post Internship Opportunity: Finance/Grant Management at SNV appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.