Inventory & Stores Management Officer Job RefuSHE
RefuSHE protects, nurtures, educates, and empowers young refugee women and girls in East Africa through a unique holistic model that provides shelter, education, case management, counseling, childcare, legal advocacy, and vocational training. RefuSHE’s holistic program meets the imminent needs of unaccompanied, separated, and orphaned refugee girls, young women, and their children.
Founded in 2008, RefuSHE is a U.S. nonprofit, with headquarters in Chicago and operations in Nairobi, Kenya. It is the first and only organization dedicated to refugee girls in East Africa. Over the past twelve years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and global thought-leader in the field of refugee protection.
Position Title: Inventory & Stores Management Officer
Department: Artisan Collective (Programs)
Supervisor: Business Development Manager – Artisan Collective
Direct Reports: None
Our Artisan Collective is unique in that it enables young women to achieve economic and social independence at their own pace. Most have deep emotional and physical scars that require long-term case management support. Participants continue their healing within RefuSHE’s supportive environment.
For young refugee women, our Artisan Collective is a significant step in the journey toward self-confidence, independence, and a new life after war and conflict. Members learn to express themselves creatively while acquiring marketable skills that empower them to become economically self-sufficient. Young women gain production and manufacturing knowledge that serves as a foundation to their future success as entrepreneurs.
Our collaborative arts-based and business curriculum offers opportunities for creative problem solving through experimentation of design and shared learning. In our social enterprise participants design, create, and manage a line of unique, hand-dyed fabrics, and other textiles. By saving their earnings, members of the Collective can pay their rent, feed their families, cover household expenses, and eventually launch their own successful businesses.
- Manage Artisan Collective stores and inventory with responsibility to other stores.
- Maintain independent record of all relevant documents for Inventory Control and Accounts Receivable for Artisan Collective and other stores. These records will include but not limited to: Receiving fabric and dyes/chemicals and other raw materials to the stores and responsible for issuing the same out of the stores for production and or finished products for sales after a dully approved request for the same is presented; Physical fabric per type, color, dye and other items’ measurement and weight records; Color way inventory calculations and maintenance; Product batch specifications; Product / fabric/ scarves reports and investigations; Bills of lading for all incoming and outbound consignments; Customer monthly supply statements; Reconciliation of consignments taken out for exhibitions, events sales, and balances returned to stores; Reconciling of stocks in various outlets; Issuing of gates passes for all scarves consignments and single sales moving from the Artisan Collective stores
- Set inventory levels /stocking & restocking levels
- Ensure security of all the stocks in the stores
- Receive and issue stocks to and from the stores
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly stock usage, and stock balances using tracking tools already approved and established
- Ensure that the arrangement of goods at the store has been done in an orderly system; update bin cards so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Similarly, ensure that the stocks stay physically protected in the stores
- Undertake the function of stock taking, valuation, and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members
- Supervise the offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily
- Custodian of all the stores keys
- Support in the procurement of office commodities/services
- Perform any other lawful assignment as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement and supply chain or any related relevant field from a recognized institution. Coupled with a background in finance or accounting is preferred.
- Experience in working with an automated stock inventory system is a requirement.
- At least 3 years’ experience in procurement or relevant field.
- Membership from a recognized professional body.
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment and work under pressure.
- Strong command of English and computer skills.
- A good team player who is ready to learn and take on new challenges.
- Keen sense of detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Initiative and creativity.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and coordination skills.
Incoming search terms:
- ngo construction jobs in kenya 2020
- ngo jobs that deal with educating community that are open in kenya this july?