IT Manager Job – Career Point Kenya
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world.
The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25 000 employees from 70 nationalities.
They are seeking to recruit an IT Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Selecting the local IT suppliers, supervising the implementation of the WAN, LAN and local systems, maintaining the stock management system for IBM, scales, POS (point of sale) for IBM, in accordance to the company standards.
- Recruit, train and manage the IT team to maintain all IT systems and supporting users for all stores.
- Support the sourcing department by creating and maintaining the suppliers and items database.
- Ensure the proper conservation, utilization and profitability of the company’s assets.
- Ensure timely provision of 1st level support for all systems in the store.
- Enforce the security and safety procedures.
- Guarantee that the information provided by the systems is accurate, timely and usable.
- Participate to the implementation of new IT projects and take ownership of them.
- Draw a yearly action plan for the department according to the priorities of the store and follow-up its implementation.
- Carry out performance analysis and negotiate the particular objectives, once a year, with the members of the team.
- Identify employees with high potential and growth in the company and propose their career development plan.
- Guarantee and manage the application of IT Training in the store.
- Ensure stability of the systems and communications to avoid any downtime in the operations.
- Ensure minimal delay in all recovery procedures in order to minimize the impact on operations.
- Control integrity of data between back-office, front-office and scales systems.
- Propose and implement action plans in order to increase productivity, performance and effectiveness of the operations.
- Propose and take necessary measures towards reduction of the distribution costs.
- Participate to the elaboration of the store IT budget.
- Ensure the respect of budget/forecast and take corrective measures when necessary.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or IT or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the IT Retail Business will be an added advantage
- 5 years in IT Department with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Good IT and network experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
How to Apply
To apply, CLICK HERE on or before 3oth November 2018.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.