IT Security Specialist Job. KCB Bank May 2019
IT Security Specialist Jobs, ICT Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Banking Jobs, KCB Bank Jobs
Reporting to the Senior Manager, IT Security; the IT Security Specialist will be responsible for innovation, implementation and support of systems that provide the tools for automating and securing the office environment throughout the KCB business.
- Perform vulnerability assessment and penetration testing on Banks infrastructure and applications in a bid to ensure that they are secure from external or internal hacking attempts.
- Research on and provide technical security expertise on continuous persistent threats affecting the banking industry to the Senior Manager, IT Risk & Security and DDIT.
- Develop IT Security Policies, Minimum Baseline Security Standards in line with industry best practices and technologies, commensurate with risk and regulatory requirements and implementing the same cost effectively.
- Provide technical security related support to projects from inception through to successful implementation to ensure that security is in built into the applications.
- Recognize and provide solutions for IT Security related problems by identifying abnormalities and reporting violations.
- Appropriately and practically defend the information enterprise in accordance with established policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
- Monitor internal and external threats, examine logs, events and alerts generated by multiple platforms for anomalous activity, evidence of security incidents and other error conditions that may constitute a breach in security or degradation of integrity or confidentiality of KCB Information Technology systems and information assets.
- Continuously update the IT security monitoring and assessment as required in view of the latest hacking techniques & also stay current on malware trends especially in the financial industry and also adjust the assessment accordingly to reflect the latest trends.
- Support the implementation of procedural, operational and technical Security Architecture enhancements.
- Ensure compliance to security standards, PCI/DSS, FIBS.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Preferably a Bachelors Degree in ICT or Related Field from a recognized university. A Master’s Degree will be added advantage.
- Must possess at least one security certification such as CISSP, CISM or COMPTIA+.
- MCSE and/or MCSD certification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in Information Technology with hands on experience in:
- Active Directory Management.
- IT Security on operating systems and databases (UNIX, Microsoft, Oracle, SQL).
- Knowledge and skills on encryption, VPN.
- Experience in Project Implementation and User Training is desired.
- Good customer service and willingness to travel.
- Wide knowledge of web application security.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent problem analysis and attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of various Banking operations.
How to Apply
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 17th May 2019.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable