IT Support Officer at Anjarwalla & Khanna
Anjarwalla & Khanna (A&K) is the largest corporate law firm in Eastern Africa, with over 90 lawyers, and is generally considered the leading full-service corporate law firm in Kenya. Our clients include some of the most sophisticated international and regional businesses, including listed companies, banking and financial institutions, insurance companies, private equity funds, venture capital and institutional equity investors, telecommunication companies, project developers and financiers, multilateral lenders, industrial and commercial companies, real estate developers, professional firms as well as government and public organizations. The firm has offices in both Nairobi and Mombasa, Kenya’s main commercial centres. A&K has also established an office in Dubai. Anjarwalla Collins Haidermota (AC&H), a legal consultancy firm that provides corporate and commercial legal services, is the first African firm to be licensed in the UAE. Through AC&H, we are able to seamlessly service clients based in the Middle East on their transactions in Africa.
Anjarwalla & Khanna is a visionary law firm. We think differently and have built a culture where individual skills and personalities can thrive. We are seeking a dynamic IT Support Officer to provide IT support within the IT department and to all our users throughout the firm and its affiliates.
The primary focus will be in computer operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), helpdesk, and data management.
The role will report to a Deputy IT Manager.
In more detail, the areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing problems, implementing corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalating to other IT team members as appropriate.
- Providing updates to the supervisor on status of projects or technical issues. The selected individual is one able to exercise judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly.
- Installing and configuring computer systems.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Testing new technology.
- Replacing equipment as necessary.
- Logging customer/employee queries.
- Automating repetitive tasks.
- Monitoring and configuring computer systems and networks.
- Providing technical support across the Firm (this may be in person/over the phone or through a remote connection).
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Developing and maintaining IT documentation, processes and procedures.
Experience and personal qualities:
- Appropriate IT degree from a recognised institution.
- Experience in Microsoft products.
- Hardware and Network troubleshooting.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
- Must be flexible: Able to work on different shifts and scenarios.
- A technical, logical thought process.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines.
- Good time management, well organised with the ability to prioritise.
- Good telephone manner.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Commitment to team-work.
- Commitment to A&K’s mission and strong ethical integrity.
The post IT Support Officer at Anjarwalla & Khanna appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.