Jhpiego Business Analyst NGO Kenyan Jobs
Jhpiego, an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, is an international NGO committed to improving the health of women and their families. Jhpiego-Kenya works in close collaboration with both the Ministry of Health at National level and with County Governments in the areas of HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Reproductive Health, Family Planning and Non-Communicable Diseases. We are currently recruiting a highly experienced individual with excellent technical skills, who is a team player, innovative, dedicated, hardworking, highly motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
BUSINESS ANALYST –JEMS
JEMS is the Jhpiego Enterprise Management System, used throughout the organization and is developed and managed by the Information Services and Technology Support (ISTS) department. The JEMS team works with Jhpiego’s business units to incorporate enterprise processes and improve business processes within the organization. Reporting to the Senior Systems Analyst, the Business Analyst will be responsible for requirements gathering, documentation (functional and technical specifications), change management and quality assurance of JEMS.
- Work closely with Jhpiego management and software development team to identify and maximize opportunities to use information technology to improve business processes.
- Assist departmental heads and business owners in automating current business operations into JEMS to support the function/business.
- Review, analyze, and create detailed documentation of business processes and user needs.
- Work with programmers to prototype and carry tests on new products to ensure that the product meet the user requirements.
- Define, develop and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other quality assurance assessments.
- Make recommendations on ways to improve systems by studying current processes, policies and design modifications.
- Collaborate with the business users in continuous system improvement.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; reporting on progress and recommending actions.
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Develop technical specifications with all the forms, fields and reports after business process documentation
- Work with helpdesk staff on user guides and user help manual development and training user exercises.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field. Master’s degree in IT will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a fast-paced business environment preferably in finance & administration.
- Knowledge and experience in proficiently handling software development projects.
- Experience working under the agile methodology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and able to effectively communicate with senior management, technical staff, as well as non-technical end users.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to absorb large volumes of technical data and develop concise solutions in addition to translating into non-technical terms.
- Experience in writing policies, user manuals, procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality