Jumia Job Vacancy : Senior Commercial Planner
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet company, with over 4,000 employees in 14 African countries. We have built winning businesses such as Jumia, Jumia Food, Jumia Travel, Jumia Pay and Jumia Services. It is led by talented leaders with a mix of local and international experience and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to change people’s lives through the internet. We do this by building marketplaces that save customers money and time and create opportunities for vendors, and our other partners. At Jumia Ecommerce, we are building the largest & most loved shopping destination for Africans.
Africa is home to the fastest growing economies in the world, offering huge opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. This growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia plays its role.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for building businesses and for Africa, to join our team and embark on this exciting journey.
What’s this job all about?
The commercial planner plays a key and central role in delivering Jumia’s business plan, taking ownership of four key areas within the business; profitability & inventory management, performance turnaround plans and commercial planning.
You will then translate your insights and analysis into actionable plans to deliver a world-class customer experience thanks to the right assortment, perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for the decisions you makes and will have to monitor your performance.
The main challenges are described as below:
- Delivering on the business plan, leveraging on the power of the marketplace, bringing orientations, feedback and support to the commercial team
- Controlling inventory
Minimizing company risk on inventory
Ensuring a healthy rolling stock
Proposing smart, nimble pricing model optimizing margin at product level
- Monitoring daily performance and providing proactive turnaround plans
- Conduct post mortem analysis to take key learnings forward to grow the organization
- Leading the commercial plan, taking an active part in the definition and execution of Jumia’s commercial calendar and strategy
- Ensuring Jumia always has for the customer, the right products at the best price, at the right place
- Being within our teams, an early adopter, a leading ambassador and a relentless missionary of Jumia’s strategic commercial orientation
- Understanding your markets, vendors and customers, bringing valuable insights and convictions to support your data driven commercial recommendations
- Building analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance across all categories, leading to action oriented recommendations
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations,etc),enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools, process Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools, process
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Action oriented and results oriented
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- Experience in management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
• A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).