KBC Manager Job (Radio Programmes)
Radio Programmes Manager Job, Latest Media Job Vacancies in Kenya,
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Radio Programmes Manager will be responsible for developing, directing and controlling the vision, mission, goals, strategies, policies and processes for the Radio Services Department in line with market dynamics and KBC’s Corporate strategies, targets, obligations, regulations and approved procedures.
Three (3) years renewable contract subject to good performance.
- Setting Departmental goals, performance targets, positioning strategies and work plans for the Department in line with the Corporate Strategic Plan, Board and Management resolutions and other public interest, commercial and other strategic considerations
- Interpreting and implementing Corporate goals and strategies within the Department
- Formulating and implementing approved Radio programmes and Radio Stations’ strategic plans
- Principal accounting and advising officer on all radio matters within the Department
- Budgeting and accounting for the Department’s expenditure
- Facilitating Radio broadcasts and programme services
- Formulating and implementing approved Radio Services proposals, concepts, pilots and programmes based on budget projections, value and relevance
- Responsible for compliance with KBC’s Content Policy and House Style
- Conducting staff performance appraisals and coordinating continuous improvement initiatives in the Department
- Responsible for the overall discipline, appraisal, development and performance of staff in the Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Broadcast Journalism, Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Must be a registered member of a recognized and regulated professional body.
- Professional Requirements
- Degree or Diploma in Radio Production, Mass Communication or Broadcast Journalism.
- Ten (10) years relevant working experience
- Must have served in a senior position in a reputable radio station
- Must be conversant with contemporary and future trends and dynamics of the broadcast media industry.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide the following documents:-
- Certificate of good conduct
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information of three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 17th August, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100