KCDF Technical Lead NGO Jobs in Kenya
Capacity Building & Systems Strengthening Technical Lead Job(1 Position), Current NGO Jobs,
Reports To: Programmes Director
Job Location: Any of the Following: Kakamega, Bungoma, Kisumu, Busia, & Siaya Counties
Position Type: Fixed Term of Two Years with Possibility of Extension (All Subject to Availability of Funds and Satisfactory Performance).
Kenya Community Development Foundation (KCDF) is implementing a five year USAID 4TheChild program targeting Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), adolescent girls and young women in Western region of Kenya. The program is implemented in partnership with Moi University College of Health Sciences, and seeks to increase use of quality county-led health and social services in the target Counties working closely with National and County government structures.
The job holder will report to the Programmes Director (KCDF). The HES Manager will facilitate the achievement of USAID 4TheChild outcomes by facilitating organizational development for Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) in the areas of programming, strategic planning M&E, resource mobilization, governance & leadership, and financial management. The role will facilitate, coordinate and liaise with other stakeholders (i.e. government, private sector, other civil society organizations) to promote leveraging through partnerships and collaborations using the County-based Communities of Practice Model. As the lead for organizational development, the role will be responsible for ensuring LIPs and other relevant stakeholders transition to self reliance at organizational/agency level. This role’s leadership, coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project’s organizational development component applies evidence-based strategies towards improving the impact of its benefits to those it serves.
- Provide leadership to the projects sustainability agenda towards journey to self-reliance.
- Lead routine LIPs organizational capacity assessments, setting of institutional development milestones and support towards their realization. Identify capacity gaps for the CSOs and CBOs and develop programs and interventions to address the same to better support adolescents, girls, youth, women and OVC household graduation/transition.
- Develop and/or update training materials, standards, job aids, and curricula, as well as supervisory systems needed to build capacity of local organizations and enable them to meet the needs and expectations of USAID 4TheChild
- Facilitate identification and adopting of technical solutions by LIPs, remotely and on-site, in the areas of strategic planning, M&E, resource mobilization, governance & leadership, financial management, among others, to ensure high-quality implementation and institutional growth/sustainability.
- While working with other relevant project staff, support the Department of Children Services to strengthen the use and reporting using the Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS).
- Work closely with 4TheChild team on setting organizational capacity building priorities and directions, and responding to partner requests for technical
- Work with M&E staff to design, implement a plan to track data/results related to organizational capacity building to inform adjustments in project
- Facilitate organizational development through training, coaching and mentorship, group interactions, and regular communication via email, telephone, and site visits to support the successful implementation of system strengthening project activities across
- Facilitate formations and or deepening of collaborative spaces to advance best practice while promoting synergy amongst County CSOs and the private sector i.e. Communities of Practice while ensuring synergy with project
- Supporting partner organizations to effectively maximize benefits from the devolved resources and structures for the benefit of
- Coordinate and advocate for an enabling environment for a vibrant, responsible and capable civil society through different advocacy platforms and
- Provide coordination and support in building the community philanthropy field and strengthen the knowledge base of the sector and KCDF partners by exploring different facets of the community philanthropy lens as an approach to durable development including using the same to advance the welfare of
COMPETENCIES RELEVANT FOR THE POSITION:
- Networking and communications skills;
- Strong organization skills;
- Ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically, and work effectively within a team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to the Deputy Chief of Party in the 4TheChild program and will work closely with County Project Officers
External: Private Sector Providers, Community, LIPs.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Business Administration or a closely related field. A Masters Degree in Organizational Capacity Building, Strategic Management or Project Planning will be an added
- At least six years’ progressive experience in Facilitating Organizational Development, Capacity Building, Systems Strengthening and
- Excellent communication, writing, interpersonal, facilitation and presentation
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Kenyan CSO sector, its growth, challenges, opportunities and legal frameworks that govern its
- Excellent analytical and policy articulation skills, communication, writing, public speaking, influencing and collaboration
- Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated experience in working with and growing
- Excellent proposal writing and fundraising skills with demonstrable success in fundraising and the ability to coach and mentor LIPs on the
- Ability to work in a team environment and be flexible, versatile, and open-minded in contributing to other relevant organizational goals and
- Experience working with state and non-state stakeholders
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural, team-oriented environment
- Skilled in influencing and obtaining the cooperation of individuals and managing relationships to achieve
- Ability to support partners to ensure adherence to financial
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal
- Excellent interpersonal
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and
Willingness to be based in any of the following Counties: Kisumu or Kakamega.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications by qualified candidates should be submitted only by email to [email protected] addressed to the Executive Director and quoting the position Technical Lead, Capacity Building & Systems Strengthening. Attach your current résumé and daytime contacts of three referees. The deadline for submission of applications must be received no later than 7th May 2021.
- KCDF is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates shall be
- KCDF does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, KCDF has not retained any agent in connection with this
- KCDF recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and Includes a robust safeguarding and code of conduct that all staff commit to adhere to in writing.