Policy & Research Senior Officer Job, Finance Jobs 2021, Latest Banking Jobs,
Department: Policy and Research
KDIC Grade: KDIC 6
You will be responsible for the preparation of the research problem, and formulation of the hypothesis, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Conducting financial sector research and policy analysis, and preparing position papers and reports;
- Designing, analyzing, and reporting research projects and providing guidance on statistical research approaches, requirements, and scientific standards
- Updating the Corporation’s statistical databases and research resources;
- Drafting of terms of reference for research projects for financial sector related studies;
- Coordinating outsourced research projects and programs;
- Drafting the SLAs for outsourced research projects;
- Development and administration of relevant research tools including questionnaires and focus groups guidance notes;
- Collecting and analyzing data to be used in the preparation of policy papers, briefs, and technical guides;
- Coordinating and follow up on the implementation of the research recommendations;
- Identifying the emerging issues in deposit insurance and risk management for further research;
- Implementing policies and procedures in operations of the department;
- Implementing Enterprise Risk Management and Business Continuity planning activities in the department; and Implementing and maintaining the quality management system and operations in the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Four (4) years’ relevant work experience preferably in Banking, Financial Management Credit Administration, Conveyancing, Litigation, Asset Management & Tracing.
- Proficiency in computing skills,
- Communication and Presentation skills,
- Organizational skills,
- Project management skills,
- Stakeholder management skills,
- Change management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision-making skills
- Analytical skills,
- Networking skills,
- Time management skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who MUST be Kenyan citizens, should submit their applications including copies of their academic and professional certificates, a copy of the National Identity Card or valid Passport, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing current position, qualifications, working experience, current and expected salary, a working email and a daytime telephone number. The CV should also include the email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees who can speak on your competence, character and integrity.
Other Key Requirements
Shortlisted candidates MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 during the interviews by providing original copies of the following documents:
- A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI);
- A Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificates from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) i.e. Completed First Schedule (s.13) and a self-declaration form; and
- A Clearance Certificate from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) in Kenya.