KEMRI ICT Officer Job – Career Point Kenya
ICT Officer Job, Current IT Jobs Kenya,
IMPOWER is a Phase 3, Randomized, Active-Controlled, and Double-blind Clinical Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Islatravir Once-Monthly as Preexposure Prophylaxis in Cisgender Women at High Risk for HIV-1 Infection. The study has the following vacancies;
Position: ICT Officer (1 Position) K MR/ 6 Vacancy No. FN-028-05-2021
Reports to:Study Coordinator
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
To provide ICT technical support to Nairobi based staffs by troubleshooting, diagnosing and taking appropriate action to ensure staffs are seamlessly using ICT equipment and related services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Set up, Install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain all servers including mail servers and electronic systems i.e. operating systems, antivirus software, productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office), websites, professional and social network portals and any other ICT systems that may be in
- Ensure up to date ICT inventory of all electronic systems and gadgets within your jurisdiction and all the ICT equipment are well labeled with correct tags and equipment stock numbers
- Managing both LAN and WAN within Nairobi office and ensuring at-least 95% network/internet
- Ensure availability and access to email and Internet/network for all staffs
- Serve as the ICT point of contact for third parties, i.e. ICT vendors for goods and services, on all ICT matters.
- Participate in reviewing, formulating and implementing the ICT policy of the organization
- Carry out or organize for ICT training for users where required
- Oversee change management and ICT technology upgrades to keep the organization at the cutting edge in ICT
- Oversee ICT use and security audits and ensure attendance of all issues raised thereof after each
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of ICT equipment
- Provide help-desk support for ICT related issues
- Any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
- BSC Computer Science /Information Technology /Business Information Technology
- At least Two years proven
Other Required Skills
- Website development
- Setting up tele-conferences
How to Apply
Applicants should attach the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- A copy of National Identity card or passport
- Requirements of Chapter six of the constitution
Applications to be done through the email [email protected] no later than 24th June 2021.
(Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email)
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.