KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Officer Job- Mixed Method
REPORTS TO: Study PI and Study Supervisor.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
INDIRECT REPORTS: None
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for allocated hardware and software
Under the direction of supervisor to:
- Support activities to design and undertake feasibility assessment of service delivery redesign in one county in Kenya
- Support the design, testing and implementation of an e-cohort by validating measures longitudinally mapping the care trajectory and health outcomes of mothers and newborns
- Collate, clean and archive data associated with both the service delivery redesign and e-cohort research activities
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis with appropriate support and appropriately document these analyses
- Develop written reports on the analyses conducted and their interpretation
- Develop peer-reviewed manuscript quality reports for submission for publication
- Support consultations with local, regional and national governments and key stakeholderd
- To provide support in analysis to less experienced research staff / interns / collaborators
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Master’s degree relevant to the field of global health and/or Public health, Health Systems Management, Health research or an equivalent
- At least three years relevant work experience
- Experience in collecting, analysing and interpreting a range of BOTH qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of complex data sets, including linking analyses of both qualitative and quantitative data
- Proficiency in one or more statistical packages
- Proficiency in one or more Qualitative software packages
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Robust track record of publishing and presenting research results, relative to opportunity
- Experience in undertaking research in a cross-cultural context
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge and working experience of Kenyan Health system added advantage
- Previous research experience leading to publication
- Excellent understanding of and experience in procedures for ensuring high quality data management
- Demonstrated ability to act with sound judgement, sensitivity, and flexibility, and to exercise initiative in adapting preferred approaches when and where required
- Experience in use of STATA and / or ‘R’ for analysis of health data.
- Experience using Nvivo/equivalent for Qualitative research analysis
- Have high energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethics
- Strong organisation/programme management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment and to multi-task
- Ability to interact with users/ office use in simple non-technical language
- Based at the Nairobi office of the KEMRI/Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Kenya.
- Regular travel, including outside of working hours out of Nairobi to visit project sites for training, oversight, clinical reviews and troubleshooting
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS: This position will be entirely based in Nairobi even though currently working from home.
How to Apply
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).