KEMRI Wellcome Trust Software Developer Jobs Kenya
- Software Development Manager.
- Ensure and advise on software systems specifications required to meet budgetary constraints.
- Analyze and propose solutions to user and technical requirements for both backend and frontend to ensure enhanced user experience.
- Advise the Software Development Manager on Software development framework and processes.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents large and/or complex program which span across the enterprise using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues’ work.
- Working with Database Administrators and System Administrators to ensure optimal systems performance in the programme.
- Expected to conduct system analysis of systems as directed by SDM.
- Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- To participate in execution and support for all IT Projects.
- Expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support from professional staff, to keep our systems current with changing technologies.
- Responsible for development of new programs, analyzes current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost-effective product.
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural.
- Observe Change Control, Event, Configuration and Incident management as minimum business processes when executing Service Design and Transition.
- Adhere to IT development standards on naming conventions, code testing, release management, source code control and collaboration.
- Carry out research and development on enterprise applications as directed by IT management to meet various programme needs.
- Respond to business as usual system requests for complex systems.
- Mentoring Software developers and other technical staff.
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Minimum 4 years of Software programming work experience
- Proficient in PHP or Microsoft. NET programming languages or frameworks and related Open Source Technologies.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Have a good mastery of software engineering best practices
- Experience and working knowledge of database systems and SQL.
- Experience in web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Expert knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Expert knowledge of computer program design methods and techniques.
- Excellent skills in problem solving, debugging, troubleshooting and maintenance of software applications.
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Expert knowledge of writing program documentation.
- Strong communications skills, both in writing and speaking.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
- Proficient in source code and version control
- Have a creative mind.
- Programmer Certification (e.g. MCSD, ZEND PHP, Mobile Apps Dev) with evidence of the exam certificate done by an authorised testing body, i.e. Pearson VUE, Prometric etc.)
- Ability to develop Enterprise solutions on SharePoint platform.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience of working in a research establishment.
- Mobile Applications Development.
- Database Sever administration.
How to Apply
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 25 February, 2021.