Chief Engineer Job, Engineering Kenya Jobs 2021,
The job holder is responsible for ensuring efficiency in power plant operations, maintenance and execution of planned and emergency outages
Key duties & responsibilities
- Analysis of financial impact of outage duration and determining the optimum time for outages.
- Analysis of the operational performance focusing on,
- Plant availability/reliability
- Load/utilization factors
- Operational efficiency in relation to water, steam and fuel consumption
- Energy Consumption and units used on works efficiency
- Operational Costs and financial performance
- Safety performance
- Repair & maintenance efficiency
- Analysing failures in terms of resolution and turnaround times to address revenue leakage.
- Analysis of overhauls & rehabilitation projects: planning and actual.
- Driving OPEX initiatives including Autonomous maintenance, 5S, SMED, Wrench time, SAP utilization, CBM, Contract frameworks, Root Cause analysis and others.
- Developing templates to standardize technical specifications for equipment, development of specifications across all the Power plants.
- Implementation of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Continuously review efficiency conditions and recommend improvements to working conditions.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate should have: –
- Bachelor of science in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Membership of a relevant professional body will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in computing programs will be an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years work experience in engineering or relevant field, three (3) of which must be at the level of Senior Engineer.