Senior Systems Analyst Job, Current IT Jobs Kenya,
The jobholder is responsible for providing corporate-wide support for implementation and optimization of policies, programs, projects and procedures for SAP Human Capital Management functional areas and processes while supporting system users and effecting enhancements to cater for additional or changing needs.
Key Responsibilities/ Supervisory Roles
- Assist in defining and validating business requirements, including the identification and assessment of gaps between such requirements and SAP functional capabilities.
- Participate in process design activities and workshops (business blueprinting) and create business process definitions.
- Guide business users on scope and estimate system changes for SAP processes.
- Review and approve definitive business processes for alignment with SAP technologies and architectures.
- Performs configuration and functional design to support solutions and processes utilizing SAP.
- Coordinating development efforts with the technical resources within the SAP platform.
- Work closely with other SAP Analysts and business users to design, implement and enhance work products and processes.
- Responsible for resolving functional, configuration, and data errors in the system and providing Level 1 support to resolve problems in the use of the SAP screens, tools, and processes.
- Monitor and ensure that SAP is operating efficiently and the data between the ERP modules of SAP and ancillary systems are consistent, resolve data process errors in a timely manner.
- Identify and coordinate application of the OSS Notes and ensure appropriate table files are maintained.
- Support testing of SAP modifications, fixes, and planning and implementation of new releases:
- Create functional and business test cases/ scripts.
- Record and document all test tool design configuration and changes.
- Report on test preparation, test execution and defect progress and trends
- Drive test cases creation with business and application support teams
- Qualify and certify testing of objects and changes to production
- Plan business process and functional application solutions and annual budgets as per requirements.
- Act as a change agent for business process adoption and improvement.
- Facilitate functional workshops with business users and key stakeholders.
- Provide training to process owner(s) and end users for any changes resulting from problem resolution and provide functional support in user training.
- Developing and maintain functional, technical, system solution, design, and testing documentation and specifications.
- Assist stakeholders and users in the development of appropriate reports; review and assist with the maintenance and development of new documents as appropriate.
- Assist with security administration as related to access controls as needed.
- Ensure compliance with industry best practices, statutory, regulatory and ICT standards.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
Academic /Professional Qualifications and Membership
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or any other IT related field.
- Relevant Post Graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- SAP Certification
- Member of a relevant professional body.
Previous relevant work experience required
- The job holder should have at least seven (7) years experience working with an ERP or in an ICT Environment
- Possess Systems design & development, application management and business process knowledge.
- Minimum Years of Working Experience : 7 Minimum Education Level : Undergraduate