Kenya Airways Job Vacancy : Insurance Officer
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Connecting Africa to the World and the World to Africa since 1977 The Pride of Africa. Be the Pride of Africa, by inspiring our people and delighting our guests consistently.
Implement and maintain the Company insurance programme to ensure adequate protection of Company assets and compliance with policy and statutory requirements. Design and monitor claims handling procedures for timely claims settlement.
- Develop and implement insurance policies renewal programme and ensure documentation from insurers is issued correctly and on time.
- Ensure insurance programme service level standards are complied with
- Ensure premium costs are billed accurately, paid on time and correctly reflected in Company accounts.
- Ensure insurance claims both at head office and outstations are promptly lodged, documented and paid
- Ensure appointed lawyers defending the Company are adequately supported in claims litigation
- Monitor and propose the appropriate direction of litigation to minimize loss exposure to the company.
- Pursue recoverable claims from third parties
- Review and ensure insurance provisions in contracts from user divisions conform to company requirements in order to eliminate or minimise risk exposure.
- Make proposals for update of insurance policies to reflect emerging risks
- Bachelor of Commerce degree. Insurance Option would be an added advantage
- Advanced Associate Diploma in Insurance or ACII
- 6 years experience in insurance underwriting and insurance claims handling
- Knowledge of aviation insurance, aviation law and application of international conventions on carriage by Air would be an added advantage
- Appreciation of civil court procedures
- Computer skills and knowledge of Claims systems
- Negotiation skills
- Customer insight
- Strong communication skills
- Time management
- Presentation /tutoring skills