Kenya Ferry Job Vacancy : Technician
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Reporting to the Welding & Fabrication Technician, the Engineering Technician (Mechanical) will be responsible for co-ordinating welding and fabrication works in the engineering & maintenance department.
- Carry out welding & fabrication activities;
- Fill work orders as per assigned tasks.
- Work in conjunction with other section to accomplish assigned duties
- Makes decisions using standard operating procedures
- A minimum of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.(Welding and Fabrication)
- Marine Equipment Specialist Certificate will be an added advantage
- Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW).
- A minimum of 9 years relevant experience preferably in marine transport industry
- Report writing skills
- Technical skills
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation;
- Numeric skills
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, professional qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, email addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card, are invited from persons qualified for the positions described above. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three professional referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization.
Applications by qualified and suitable applicants for the position should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before 14th December, 2018
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ferry Services Limited,
Gaza Road, Off Mwinyi Babu Road – Peleleza
P.O. Box 96242 – 80110,
The reference number and title of the position applied for MUST be clearly indicated on the ENVELOPE.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas and women are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.