Kenya Job – FHI 360 Driver
Kenya Job – FHI 360 Driver
Employment as a Driver in fhi360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Driver I.
To provide driving and messenger services to the CDC Project. Maintain the project vehicles in a clean and serviceable condition, perform minor preventive maintenance and safety checks on a daily basis and inform the supervisor of discrepancies. The incumbent will be based in Nairobi county offering support to Rift Valley and Western regions respectively.
Responsibilities for the Driver NGO Job
- Drive project staff and visitors to meetings and appointments with due caution and courtesy as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintains project vehicle in good condition, including cleaning inside and outside of the vehicle and engine check-up, fluid levels and the tires which are to be conducted on a daily basis.
- Maintains a current driving license for self and advise the Administrative Officer when the project vehicle licenses are due for renewal, appropriate inspections and registrations for vehicles.
- Runs office errands such as message/equipment deliver, visa applications, picking-up and collecting mail from post office and other errands as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure that the passengers adhere to the traffic rules and regulations e.g. wearing seat belts.
- Report immediately any traffic accident to the insurance company and to the supervisor.
- Assists with office tasks, such as photocopying, pick up of supplies etc.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Senior Laboratory Specialist.
Driver NGO Job Qualifications
- Knowledge of counties and its surrounding areas where CDC project will have presence, streets neighborhoods, airports and government offices.
- Skilled and experienced safe driver with valid driver’s license and no history of responsibility for accidents.
- Ability to lift heavy packages and moves furniture.
- Ability to maintain vehicles in good condition.
- Basic knowledge of First Aid.
- Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Able to report to work and maintain time schedule and work extra hours as needed.
- Willingness and interest in supporting CDC programs and goals.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Secondary school ‘O’ level graduate or equivalent years of relevant experience; plus a minimum of five years working with a public or private organization operating motor vehicles professionally.
- Must have a good working knowledge of English with ability to understand spoken and written English well and Kiswahili.
- Must have a current, valid driving license with an excellent driving record showing no history of responsibility for accidents.
- Must be in possession of a current and valid certificate of good conduct within the year.
- Maintains a good awareness of the existing traffic rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of the counties and its surrounding areas.
- Experience driving for a diplomatic mission or NGO is an added advantage
- Prefer experience with medium-to-large sized international organization.
- Experience must reflect knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Apply here – https://goo.gl/Bv2KtO