Kenya Job: Human Resource & Administration Officer
Kenya Job: Human Resource & Administration Officer
Employment as Human Resource & Administration Officer in a Corporate Law Firm
Our client is a leading Kenyan Corporate law firm who provide thorough legal solutions for its clients.
The firm is currently recruiting for a Human Resource & Administration Officer. As the HRO, you will be tasked with advice management on all matters relating to human resources.
The HRO will manage and oversee key HR processes including recruitment and selection, salary and benefits administration, disciplining, personnel data, separation and termination, performance evaluation, employee’s relations, training and development, and performs other duties as assigned by the Head of Operations and or Managing Partner.
HR & Admin Job Responsibilities
Human Resource Duties
- Coordinate with MP, HoPs and supervisors regarding staff matters such as terminations, disciplinary action and performance improvement plans.
- Effectively manage difficult events such as terminations, disputes and administer disciplinary procedures.
- Maintain good, positive relationships with partners, advocates and staff with consistent availability and response to HR queries and concerns.
Recruitment and Selection:
- Oversee and coordinate all recruitment and selection processes including sourcing, interviewing and processing applications for open positions.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on candidates to management.
- Manage and oversee all post recruitment processes and procedures including contracting, induction, and probation.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Manage and administer benefit offerings and responds to questions or issues surrounding benefits including, but not limited to, monthly compensation, medical, insurance, retirement benefits, leaves of absence and loan advances.
- Coordinate staff compensation/review process and advise management on new positions that they need to consider.
- Prepare and update job descriptions including roles and responsibilities as necessary.
- Oversee planning, equipping maintenance and cleanliness of suitable office facilities (including space, furniture, fixtures and equipment)
- Manage the purchase of office supplies; ensure inventory control, records storage, reception services, mail, messenger and other facilities management functions.
- Supervise and work with landlords, real estate brokers or consultants as required and review and monitor the lease for office space to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions.
- Procure insurance and ensure all insurance contracts for equipment, medical and professional indemnity are up to date.
- Oversee and direct all daily office operations including travel, hotel bookings, cleaning and functioning of equipment such as printers/copiers.
- Maintain register of all office assets.
- Supervise, manage staff within the function including conducting performance appraisals and providing general and/or specific supervision and instructions to messengers, clerks and receptionist.
- Ensure all professional requirements including certification for advocates are met i.e. Annual practicing certificates, Continuing Legal Education requirement.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrate ability to prioritize and solve problems.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Work across teams and be service-oriented and ensure efficient and effective organizational of facilities.
- Prepare and monitor budget for the administration services.
- Advise management to develop and ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Oversee and work with vendors.
- Coordinate all of the other operational functions as necessary.
Qualifications for the HR & Admin Job
- A degree in social Sciences or business related studies
- Higher National Diploma/Diploma in Human Resource management
- Registered member of IHRM
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- At least 4 years relevant experience in HR
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Able to resolve problems offering effective solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to plan prioritize and organise the workloads ensuring compliance of processes and procedures set.
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Should possess excellent research as well as computer skills
- Focused on performance and results
- Poised to work under pressure with high energy and drive
- Self starter with high degree of resourcefulness requiring minimal supervision
- Contributor to the team attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to interact with senior management
- Excellent presentation skills
How to Apply
Apply here for the HR & Admin Jobs: https://goo.gl/UKcwCe
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and/or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address.
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only