Kenya Job: IRFC, INNOVATION INTERN
Kenya Job: IRFC, INNOVATION INTERN
Internship Program at IFRC as Innovation Intern
Grade to be confirmed
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Somalia presents one of the most complex humanitarian environments globally suffering from protracted armed conflict, cyclical drought, chronic food insecurity and disease outbreak. Half of the country`s 10 million population remains in need of humanitarian assistance or livelihoods support. The National Society has for decades been at the forefront in the delivery of diverse humanitarian interventions in response to the recurrent man-made and natural disasters throughout the country. With the collapse of the public services infrastructure including health, the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) remains one of the leading health service providers in the country, particularly at the basic level, with access to all the 19 regions of Somalia.
The Intern working closely with SRCS and the Innovation Lead in Geneva will identify innovation initiatives and promote the development of innovation. This will help generate innovative ideas which will be accelerated for investment.
Specifically, the intern will carry out the following tasks:
1. Work with youth clubs and volunteers action teams in Somali Red Crescent Society to identify innovations which can have high impact in local communities.
2. Work closely with the Global Innovation Team in Geneva to promote local innovations identified in Somali Red Crescent and also support fundraising efforts.
3. Develop communication content on innovation projects identified and which need to be supported in Somali Red Crescent Society.
4. Develop strong linkages with Innovation networks in Africa especially Kenya and Somalia.
5. Preparation of relevant meetings, note taking and report writing.
The role will need to work closely with the Global Innovation Team as well as relevant personnel in the Somali Red Crescent Society.
Relevant University degree level qualification
1. Experience in networks i.e. youth and innovation.
2. Experience of working with different software packages.
3. Ability to craft engaging stories using varied source materials.
4. Demonstrated experience of trialling new initiatives and failing.
5. High levels of creativity, initiative and entrepreneurialism.
6. Can easily build trust and relationships across a diverse and dispersed network.
7. Experience of writing comprehensive narrative and financial reports.
8. Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
9. Experience of working in a post-conflict situation.
1. Strong written and verbal communication and inter-personal skills, including working with other cultures and nationalities.
2. Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spread sheets, word-processing, e-mail)
3. Skills in project management, including monitoring and evaluation.
4. Good skills in training, facilitation and presentations.
5. Fluently spoken and written English
6. Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply here: https://goo.gl/AYhXRF