Kenya Job: Marie Stopes Registered Clinical Officer
Kenya Job: Marie Stopes Registered Clinical Officer
Employment as Clinical Officer at Marie Stopes
- Efficient and effective service delivery for up to 20 patients daily in the full range of Marie Stopes services
- Management and accurate documentation of all services rendered
- Effective participation and support of the centre team include CARE Assistants reporting to the role both in quality assurance and promotional activities
- Effective management of Petty Cash and Stocks to ensure uninterrupted service
- Active participation in the whole MSK team linked with Social Franchisees, Outreach and Medical Detailers
- Client records/Clic
- Client Exit Feedback reports
- QTA self-assessment
- Incident reporting
- Based on client history, examination, lab test reports and findings and above all client needs, prescribe appropriate drugs
- Perform appropriate procedures (including Intravenous Therapy, Norplant, IUD insertion, Pap Smear, MVA procedure and VCT).
- Ensure responsible follow up and treatment of complications. Avoid polypharmacy or any practice that may bring MSK into disrepute.
- Follow the Kenyan Clinical Guidelines for appropriate management of most conditions and illnesses.
- Refer complex clients to the medical officer for Management.
- Conduct follow ups and reports all complications in writing within or before the end of current duty.
- Maintain confidentiality at all levels
- Provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health, contraceptive options and other services.
- Ensure all clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration. If complaints are raised, to be able to effectively manage and resolve them and to promptly refer to the Team Leader if the client complaint continues or is of a serious magnitude.
- Implement a smooth, efficient client flow to minimise client waiting times.
- Monitor and evaluate client care continuously and recommend improvements as necessary.
- Provide accurate information to clients, and their families where required, to enable clients to make informed decision about their reproductive & sexual health.
- Exit interviews
- Performance 360 report.
- Audit reports.
- Client documentation reports.
- Self Assessment Reports
- Post PAC FP and Cervical Cancer screening and Treatment records
Management and accurate documentation of all services rendered
- Accurate client records are maintained in both the client record book and daily register.
- All client information is kept confidential at all times and stored appropriately.
- Accurate and timely collation of activity data for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Analyse activity trends and ensure performance targets are achieved, pro-actively identifying and implementing opportunities for improvements.
- Assist in the collection of client feedback data
- Refer clients promptly when needed.
- Complete client documentation.
- CME minutes attended/conducted
- Monthly complication reports
- Client Feedback reports
- Internal and external audit reports
- Self Assessment Tool reports.
- Monthly Centre Dashboard report
Effective participation and support of the centre team both in quality assurance and promotional activities
- Overall quality inputs into service delivery points. Includes running full out-patient clinic and provision of surgical procedures as needed.
- Proper use of medical equipments and supplies and for notifying the Centre Manager of repairs, maintenance or replacements of equipments and instruments.
- Ensure that the highest standards of reproductive health and general clinical services (including HIV/AIDS services) are achieved, as laid down in the Marie Stopes Partnership Manual.
- In collaboration with the Centre Manager and Medical Officer, ensure that the centre complies with MSK policies and protocols for vocal local, infection prevention and emergency preparedness (including resuscitation).
- Report all major and minor incidents within 24 hours
- Monthly report to Centre Manager on work and quality issues
Care Assistants line management
- Provide guidance and support to junior team members to fulfil their responsibilities
- Clarify job roles and responsibilities
- Ensure management of work-plans, time off, need for locums etc
- To support new team members in their induction & orientation and assist with training as required.
- Care assistant workplans
Performance plus 360
Support Promotional Activities
- When workload allows actively promote the work of the centre in order to generate demand for the services, eg educational and awareness-raising events
- Positively promote Marie Stopes Kenya as a leading, quality provider of reproductive & sexual health services.
- Dashboard report on demand creation
Effective management of Petty Cash and Stocks to ensure uninterrupted service
- Collection and accounting for petty cash on a monthly basis following Finance requirement
- Timely documentation on bin cards of all stock use
- Oversight of stock levels and accurate forecasting for annual procurement and tracking
- Regular stock review and disposal of out of date stock
- Maintenance of an effective buffer stock.
- Records of surrenders and
- Center petty cash account
- Monthly stock management reports
- Updated bincards
- No stock outages
Active participation in the whole MSK team linked with Social Franchisees, Outreach and Medical Detailers
- Actively contribute to achieving the central region outreach team targets set by Marie Stopes Kenya.
- To attend & contribute to team meetings and the creation and implementation of work plans.
- Continuously strive to improve client satisfaction and deliver client-focussed, high quality care.
Professional Conduct and Ethics
- All clinical care must be provided in accordance with the highest standards of clinical care and safety.
- You must observe high standards of personal grooming and general hygiene and ensure your appearance is neat & tidy at all times whilst on duty.
- You are expected to wear the Marie Stopes Kenya uniform.
- You are expected to act professionally at all times, maintaining excellent client-focussed care especially when circumstances are challenging
- You are expected to act with financial integrity at all time. Marie Stopes Kenya has a zero-tolerance approach to fraudulent activities, including siphoning of clients for personal financial gain.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognised medical training college.
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council and in possession a valid practice license.
- Practising knowledge of Sexual Reproductive Health an advantage
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) should be submitted to: [email protected] on or before 7th January 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Registered Clinical Officer”