Kenya Job: Marketing Executives
Kenya Job: Marketing Executives
Employment as a Marketing Executive in Kenya
The marketing executive will manage all the marketing efforts for our group as per the detailed description below. The position requires someone willing to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment who is a self-starter.
Marketing Exec Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing opportunities for advertising that involves advertising in regional, national, and specialist publications.
- Building strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders such as suppliers, customers, colleagues etc.
- Managing marketing materials production, include leaflets, flyers and posters. This involves proofreading and writing, liaising with printers and designers.
- Arranging effective marketing materials distribution.
- Reviewing documents for brand consistency before they are shared with external parties
- Implementing marketing research, brand awareness, customer surveys, and analyze demands of the customers.
- Securing sponsorship and assisting in publicity and marketing plans and strategies.
- Analyzing product and market pricing.
- Developing, contributing to, long-term marketing plans, and strategies.
- Building up and maintaining contacts with media.
- Writing and distributing the press releases.
- Maintaining and updating mail database and measuring marketing campaigns.
- Supervising the activities of a company competitor.
- Assisting in delivering of approved marketing strategies.
- Managing and implementing distribution of the product.
- Coordinating with and reporting to managers in carrying out campaigns.
- Attending and organizing exhibitions, sales and promotional events.
- Acting as liaison between the suppliers, media and clients.
- Arranging and monitoring promotional materials distributional activities.
- Carrying out marketing campaigns on email, social media etc for company products and services, events etc
- Visiting clients to make product pitches on a case by case basis.
- Maintaining the company blog in conjunction with the team.
- Organizing and coordinating company events.
- Liaise with clients to follow up on details on projects
Skills and Specifications
- Should be aware of financial, and markets implications.
- Identify segments in the market, potential markets, and niches.
- Immense knowledge in competitor’s products and services.
- Good knowledge of marketing strategies and principles.
- Quick understanding of new technologies and implement them in marketing.
- Effective copy writing skills. Capable enough to redraft technical text for a broader and all kinds of audience.
- Active team player and should communicate well to the entire team by interacting enthusiastically and motivated manner.
- Ability in implementing strategies and user or adapt tactfulness.
- Capability to think out of box and should be very creative.
- Ability to formulate strategies and plan.
- Capable to adjust and work with various teams.
- Efficient organizational skills and excellent project management skills.
- Capable to work under high pressure and reach deadlines.
- Confident and effective in decision-making.
- Ability in managing the budget for the campaign.
- Positive attitude with great innovative and creativity skills.
Education and Qualifications for the Marketing Exec Job
- Degree in Marketing would be an advantage as would CIM qualification.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong project management/organisational skills.
- Ability to use spreadsheets to analyse data and spot trends.
- Understanding of customer segmentation.
- Background in consulting or making presentations.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Experience managing social media pages (FB, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Female candidates encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2547”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2547 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th January 2017
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer