Kenya Job: Nairobi Hospital, Lecturer
Posted: Dec 27, 2016
Employment as a Lecturer at Nairobi Hospital
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has an excellent career opportunity for an individual who possesses a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidate will effectively add value by enabling excellent patient care and shaping the best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Reporting to the Principal, School of Nursing, the successful candidate will take a lead role in developing competent Nurses by providing integration of nursing theory and practice in the Kenya Registered Nursing (KRN), Bachelor of Science and other basic and post–basic nursing education programmes.
- Participating in curriculum development and review.
- Organising lesson plans and teaching resources for learning programmes.
- Participating in recruitment of students.
- Setting, moderating, administering and marking examinations.
- Supervising students in both classroom and clinical setup.
- Providing guidance and counselling to students.
- Participating in the development and review of procedures, policies and standards.
- Maintaining proper student’s records throughout training.
- Participating in the development and review of curricula for both Basic and Post Basic programmes.
- Contributing to research, publication and professional conferences and workshops.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or a Diploma in Advanced Nursing.
- At least 5 years work experience 2 of which should have been in teaching.
- Experience in teaching, assessing and mentoring.
- Good counselling skills.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to:
The Human Resources Manager The Nairobi Hospital P.O. Box 30026 Nairobi – 00100
To be received not later than 15th January 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.