Kenya Job: Nova Academics, Marketing Strategy Lead
Kenya Job: Nova Academics, Marketing Strategy Lead
Employment at Nova Academics as Marketing Strategy Lead
Nova Academies is looking for a superstar Marketing Strategy Manager, East Africa to craft a strategic marketing and student recruitment vision from the ground up, and codify an innovative, cost-efficient approach to marketing that can be scaled to more than 20+ schools across East Africa in the next 5 years.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that will shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
ABOUT NOVA ACADEMIES
One year ago we launched a new venture to build the first pan-African network of high-quality, affordable primary and secondary schools. We currently operate four schools—three in South Africa and two in Kenya—and gearing up for rapid growth. Our venture is structured as a social enterprise to enable us to attract the investment that will be needed to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students in the next decade.
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Marketing Strategy Manager, East-Africa you will have the opportunity to craft a strategic marketing and recruitment vision from the ground up, and for codifying an innovative, cost-efficient approach to marketing that can be scaled to more than 20+ schools across East Africa in the next 5 years
Your key responsibilities will be:
Systems & Strategy
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing & recruitment strategy across the network of schools
- Build a thorough understanding of how parents in our target demographic think about school choice and properly segment and customize based on their perceptions, preferences, and decision‐making criteria
- Develop methodologies to meticulously track ROI of our marketing initiatives and activations and make data-driven decisions to positively impact enrollment
- Design and iterate our systems to ensure that we’re operating efficiently and capturing actionable data to improve all processes
Management & Coaching
- Lead the entire marketing and admissions team across East Africa, which you will have the responsibility of coaching and growing as we expand rapidly
- Develop and train a multi-cultural team of marketing and admissions professional to execute consistent and compelling strategies to achieve your marketing vision
Creative Content Creation
- Design and lead advertising strategies and rhythms through traditional and digital channels
- Develop and implement our communications and PR strategy to generate positive word of mouth and prominent media coverage
- Ensure consistency and quality of positioning, messaging, and all materials across all marketing activities
- You have at least 5 years of experience building and managing important relationships in marketing, communications and/or business development positions.
- You have a 4‐year Bachelor’s degree (required) and an MBA (highly valued)
- Entrepreneurial mindset – startup experience preferred! This is a demanding role where you’ll be required to create order from chaos, and are ready each day to put in the hours that it takes to build the vision
- You have led teams and coached individuals to achieve results – people love working with and for you!
- You are a great communicator: You are able to provide a clear and persuasive pitch to anyone and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are results driven, goal oriented, move fast, and take ownership of work.
- You have strong project management skills: You are able to juggle multiple tasks, provide support to junior level staff and meet deadlines and targets.
- You are passionate about providing excellent education at an affordable price even if you haven’t worked in education before.
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
NOTES FOR A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION PROCESS
- Please format your resume so that it is no longer than two typed pages
- Please send a cover letter highlighting the following: describe the team(s) that you’ve led or coached in the last five years, any startup and/or entrepreneurial experience from your career, results that you’ve driven that you’re most proud of (last two years), and the main reason that you’re applying for this role
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
Apply here: https://goo.gl/Ntpmvb