Kenya Job – Uber Marketing Manager
Kenya Job – Uber Marketing Manager
Employment as Marketing Manager at Uber
We are looking for a marketing rockstar to join our central marketing team for Sub-Saharan Africa, focussing specifically on Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. We’re a game-changing startup, providing quality, on-demand car requests from the touch of your phone.
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves using data to solve problems and build campaigns, and can thrive in a startup culture.
- An analytical rockstar. You love data, and consult numbers to make the best business decisions and ensure positive ROI.
- Skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- Born to network and negotiate. You’re a people person with persuasive communication skills. You possess the ability to interact and shoot straight with executives and to provide advice and guidance that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- A utility player. You’re ready to hit the ground running with an all-star team. You’ll contribute to every department and help solve any problem. “Not in my job description” is not in your vocabulary.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’ll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional English and Swahili writing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Creative. You’re always thinking of fresh ideas to generate user signups and promote the brand.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
Responsibilities for the Marketing Manager Job
- You’ll be tasked with growing the Uber brand across Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, whilst working with the rest of the marketing team to grow the business across Sub-Saharan Africa. As the voice of Uber in East Africa, some responsibilities will include:
- Dive into data, identify growth opportunities, execute experiments, and scale out wins across the region
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to best understand Uber’s customers. Use these insights to guide the marketing strategy
- Execute strategic partnerships with local entities and events
- Monitor Twitter, Facebook & other relevant sites and actively participate in discussions across communities, social networks & blogs
- Find the transportation pulse of the city and identify new ways to get the Uber experience in front of new users.
- Spread the UberLOVE through creating exciting blog & social web content.
- Identify and engage community advocates who are equally passionate about exploring your city and being saved from the depressing alternatives.
Marketing Manager Job Requirements
- Marketing, sales or business development experience preferred but not required.
- Solid writing background; experience blogging and/or editing (grammar buffs wanted).
- Local experience working across East African geographies.
- Proficiency in English and Swahili (Both verbal and written).
- Robust/active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, WordPress, etc.) a plus.
- Influencer amongst your friends and community.
- SQL experience is a plus
You have to be ready to hustle; this is no nine to five! Uber is where your hard work drives immediate impact to our business! You must be excited to get your hands dirty and help grow Uber in the region. Are you up for the challenge?
- Employees are showered with Uber trips each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Apply here – https://goo.gl/SNXYid