Kenya Red Cross Senior HRBP Job
Senior Human Resource Business Partner Job, Latest HR Jobs 2022,
Kenya Red Cross Society is a leading humanitarian organization sustainably promoting the wellbeing, health and resilience of communities in Kenya. The Society is seeking a qualified professional in the following position:
Position Title: Senior Human Resource Business Partner
Reporting to: Head of Human Resources
Job location: Nairobi
The role is responsible for ensuring that programs and processes delivered are aligned with business strategies and HR priorities in designated Departments, Regions and business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues and is the Deputy to the Head of the department and has a supervisory role embedded into their responsibilities.
The responsibilities include delivering/managing the annual processes (e.g. Manpower Planning, Performance Management, compensation cycle, Employee Relations) and managing career events and initiatives in the employee employment cycle. The position is also responsible for advising and coaching line managers on HR core programs, processes and policies and ensure that all are implemented in a consistent manner across the Society.
The selected candidate will be required to assess and anticipate HR-related needs and have the capacity to proactively communicate and seek to develop integrated solutions together with the respective internal business units and the HR Office. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the society’s and business objectives.
Scope of the role
- Internal advisor, technical expert, strategic partner on human resources issues
- Interpretation and enforcement of human capital policies and employment regulations
- A member of the management team of the internal client i.e Assigned business unit
- Support discussions and transfer best practices from different functions in the organization
- Provide leadership in the people management and employee relations issues
- Ensure HR programs are delivered and aligned with Business strategies along with HR priorities
- Support the annual performance management and compensation processes in alignment with Society practices
- Coach leadership on standard talent management process and ensure development and implementation of talent practices ie succession planning, training and performance management
- Work toward standardization and consistency of approach to HR across the Society on issues relating to employee management and relations
- Keep HR processes in full compliance with the legal, regulatory and internal frameworks
- Provide HR reports and analysis for management decision including turnover, development, discipline, manpower planning e.t.c.
- Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with the HR Team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Work with teams to Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Involved on the strategy for assimilation of HR processes such as performance review, employee engagement survey, development review, merit increase etc.
- Master’s Degree preferably in Human Resources
- Seven years’ experience as a HR generalist
- Certified member of IHRM or a professional HR body & possess Certification to Practice
- Demonstrated working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and employment laws.
- Good knowledge of employment laws in Kenya
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and interface with Senior Members and Executives of KRCS and its Business Entities
- A strong sense of business ethics and literacy including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information and demonstrate an understanding of Project Management, financial Management, strategic Management, Culture and Performance Management.
This position Supervises HR Officers, and also serves as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop/computers.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/careers to reach us not later than 25th November 2022; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.