Principal Public Communications Officer Job, Communication Jobs 2021,
The Kericho County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent, self-driven, experienced and qualified staff to fill the following positions in the county public service pursuant to Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya and County Governments Act No.17 of 2012.
PRINCIPAL PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, JOB GROUP ‘N’ (2 POSTS)
Duties and Responsibilities;
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Gathering information on programmes, significant events in a specific sectoral area and the impact on customers, and forwarding the same to the head of Public Communications Unit for dissemination;
- Assisting in the development of communications and media strategy;
- Editing stories on various topical issues before they are released to the public and liaising with media practitioners and the public on issues of mutual concern.
- Scheduling interviews with Government officials and other stakeholders;
- Managing assigned projects/programmes, and organizing events under the guidance of the Head of the Public Communications Unit.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Public Relations, Communications Studies, Journalism or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Have served in the grade of Senior Public Communications Officer or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a clear understanding of the working of the media and the socio-political environment in Kenya;
- Possess good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili;
- Possess advanced computer application skills;
- Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks; and
- Have demonstrated professional and managerial competence as reflected in work performance and results.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Remuneration: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission guidelines
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 4th February 2021