Kimisitu Sacco Database Administrator Job
Database Administrator Job, Current IT Kenya Job Vacancies,
Internal & External Job Re-Advertisement
Job Title: Database Administrator
Reporting to: ICT Manager
Grade: Band 3
Terms of Contract: One Year Contract Renewable
Kimisitu Sacco Ltd Overview
Kimisitu Sacco is one of the fastest growing Tier-1 Deposit Taking Saccos in the region. The Sacco was registered in 1985 and is regulated by the SASRA (Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority of Kenya). Over time, the Sacco has grown its asset base to over Kes.7.6B with membership of 13,000 members drawn from 400 employer organizations ,Corporates and business people. We serve members drawn from all corners of the country, African continent, and diaspora.
Kimisitu Sacco draws its’ membership from Individuals employed in International Organizations, NGOs, Embassies and Reputable Organizations. Corporate entities, Investments groups and Chamas also form part our membership.
Kimisitu Sacco is seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-driven, and result-oriented individual to join our team in our fast paced, modern work environment, to fill the above position:
Database Administrator will ensure that the development, implementation, installation, configuration and upgrading of the Sacco’s databases and applications are aligned with the Sacco’s mission, goals, policies, processes, and the strategic plan.
- Provide continuous support of production database services to ensure highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, and performance required by the Sacco’s business
- Perform Microsoft –business suite installation, maintenance, cloning and patching
- Implements hot & cold backup
- Implements, install, configure, and upgrade databases and applications in line with the Sacco processes, guidelines, and
- Provide first line technical support in resolution of application and database technical issues raised by users and log the same in the
- Assist in Maintaining oversight and custody of the Sacco’s in-house and remote data Centre and all network and related hardware assets.
- Responsible for software media, licenses, and documentation
- Assist in timely preparation of ICT reports to the management and the
- Ensure the availability of detailed documentation relating to Databases, Systems, network, and telecommunications
- Evaluate new technologies in applications and Sacco related databases and their potential application to the existing Sacco business
- Establish, implement, and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and
- Ensure adequate backup and recovery strategies and systems are in place and reviewed
- Implement disaster recovery plan solution to safeguard Sacco
- Design database and applications to efficiently utilize
- Implement and maintain database security and access
- Perform database and application tuning and
- Create and maintain SQL queries and
- Interfacing with relevant business partners on information management matters and system support and
- Responsible for patch management and version
- Create awareness in the use of ICT applications (Microsoft word, excel, Navision and email) and promote consistency across the organization.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to the statutory requirements concerning information management such as audit, risk management, copyright, and freedom of
Knowledge: Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Science
- ICT certification in Database Administration- Ms-SQL,
- ICT certifications in CCNP, MCITP and ITIL will be an added
- Experience in Navision ERP Development and implementation
- At least three (3) years’ experience in database administration
Personal Attributes required for this role:
- Project management Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team player with good inter-personal skills
- Drive for results and achievement
- Innovation and
- Analytical and keen to detail
- Trouble shooting skills
- Relational Data base management skills
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
Direct Reports to this Role:
- Service providers
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online by filling in the data form from the link www.kimisitusacco.or.ke/databaseadministratordataform. After filling the data form, proceed and Send an Application Letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to [email protected]
The data form must be filled in full. Incomplete forms will be disqualified. To be considered for this role your application must be received by C.O.B on Friday 20th July 2021. Clearly state the subject of the email as Database Administrator. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kimisitu SACCO never asks for money in return for advancement in any recruitment process. If you are ever asked for a fee, please report to Kimisitu SACCO on 0709 136000 or [email protected].
Kimisitu Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.
Kimisitu Sacco is ISO 9001:2015 certified.