KIPPRA Young Professionals Programme – 14 Positions
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA) is an autonomous public institute that was established in May 1997 through a Legal Notice and commenced operations in June 1999. In January 2007,His Excellency the President signed the KIPPRA Bill into law and the KIPPRA Act No. 15 of 2006 commenced on 1st February 2007.
In line with The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)’s mandate of developing human and institutional capacities required for the formulation of medium and long-term strategic perspectives for national development, KIPPRA runs a flagship program for Young Professionals (YP). The training program covers: applied policy research, on the job training and course work in the areas of Public Policy Process, Research Methods and policy analysis (Research ethics, Concepts, Data and techniques), Governance structures in a Devolved system of Government, Macroeconomic Modeling, Systems of National Accounts and Introduction to Social Accounting Matrix (SAM). By the end of the training the participants are expected to publish a number of research outputs.
Qualifications for admission to the Programme
For admission to the programme, the following are the minimum qualifications:
- Master’s Degree;
- Be below 35 years of age;
- Be in possession of strong analytical competencies, problem solving capabilities and be results oriented;
- Be computer literate including knowledge in statistical packages (STATA, SPSS, E-VIEWS);
v. Should possess interpersonal and communication skills;
vi. Be fluent in English;
vii. Be legally living in the country at the time of participating in the programme
The objective of the YP Programme is to develop young professionals in the area of public policy research and offer them an opportunity to gain on-the-job experience, expand their knowledge and build professional networks. In the course of the one (1) year programme, Young Professionals are placed in the following Research Departments namely:
- Macroeconomics Department: Macro-modelling for policy analysis;
- Productive Sector Department: Food Security, Nutrition and Food Safety;
- Social Sector Department: Adequacy of Preparation of Learners for the Labour market in the Context of Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC);
- Infrastructure and Economic Services Department: Building Smart Cities in Kenya;
- Private Sector Development Department: Harnessing Innovation gains in Kenya;
- Governance Department: State and Non-State justice system to strengthen the rule of law; and
- Trade and Foreign Policy Department: Implications of African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) on Kenya
The post KIPPRA Young Professionals Programme – 14 Positions appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.