Knowledge Management, Monitoring and Communications Officer at UNDP
- Face-to-face capacity building support through Regional Trialogues: Trialogues bring together BES-Net’s three target communities of science, policy and practice for face-to-face dialogues around the themes of the completed IPBES Thematic Assessments, particularly on pollinators/pollination and land degradation/restoration. Fostering mutual learning, inter-cultural understanding and interinstitutional coordination on specific policy-relevant questions at the national and regional levels, Trialogues strengthen the interface between these communities and enhance national capacity to integrate scientific findings of the IPBES assessments into policy, decision-making and on-the-ground practices;
- National Ecosystem Assessments (NEA): BES-Net supports the development of national capacity to conduct NEAs in selected countries, complementing the global assessment being undertaken by IPBES. Leveraging the expertise of the Sub-Global Assessment Network (SGAN), the NEA process encompasses not only the production of national assessment reports, but also the development of a set of policy support tools to integrate assessment findings into decision-making; and
- Online platform for global networking: The BES-Net web portal provides a comprehensive knowledge resource library on biodiversity and ecosystems services, and a rich database of organizations and experts working on the IPBES thematic assessment areas. The latest news and updates from BES-Net and its 100+ network partners are circulated via social media channels and disseminated through bi-monthly e-newsletters.
- Lead the refinement, implementation and regular review of the BES-Net knowledge management and communication strategy, including the knowledge dissemination plan, in line with BES-Net Phase II objective, results framework and visibility requirements;
- Guide the BES-Net consortium and broader initiative team on the overall framework and procedures for effective and timely results monitoring, knowledge management and internal/external communication;
- Enhance communities of practice among the target countries to foster networking, mutual learning, cross-fertilization of experiences and peer support, using both face-to-face and online/virtual platforms;
- Identify, compile and synthesize prominent and compelling bright spots stories of the BES-Net initiative at different levels, assuring cross-cutting gender focus; and
- Perform the role of administrator of the BES-Net online tools and products and monitor their usability and accessibility regularly for constant improvement
- Support the development and strengthening of the initiative’s annual strategic planning at global, regional and national levels, ensuring alignment with the overall results framework;
- Provide inputs into results-based data collection, evidence generation and reporting processes in the target countries; and
- Support the target countries teams in packaging, circulating and communicating achievements, lessons learnt and impact stories
- Collate positive outcomes, good practices and lessons generated through the initiative into human-centered stories and disseminate in various innovative web-based/print formats;
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with key BES-Net partners by coordinating regularly, identifying the emerging areas of collaboration and extracting key news highlights to be featured through the BES-Net web portal, bimonthly newsletters and social media channels;
- Facilitate internal communication within the BES-Net consortium’s respective focal persons to ensure communications tools and products, including, among others, logos, briefing notes, brochures, videos, infographics, etc., are effectively planned and developed as per corporate/BES-Net strategies;
- Support PR and media activities for ad-hoc thematic/component-specific events at national, regional and international levels;
- Contributes to periodic office/project progress reporting, officer-wide communication works and development of other strategic documents; and
- Prepare/edit high-quality communication products and materials, such as news releases, corporate blog posts, talking points, etc., as required.
The post Knowledge Management, Monitoring and Communications Officer at UNDP appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.