Chief Manager – Independent Review of Objections Job, Accounting Jobs 2021,
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination,
Division: Tax Dispute Resolution Division,
Section: Independent Review of Objections Report to: Deputy Commissioner – TDR,
Purpose of the Job
- Overseeing the administration of the Independent Review Of Objections including developing strategies for review of Objections, offering the required technical guidance and monitoring the performance of the unit.
Tasks and outputs
- Development of strategies and guidelines for handling of objections.
- Assignment of duties to and supervision of the Managers in the unit.
- Monitoring objections by taxpayers to ensure they are resolved within the set timelines.
- Chairing of a Technical committee (Objection Resolution Committee) to review objections and issue Objection Decision.
- Giving technical input on complex tax, matters raised at objection stage including attending working meetings with the parties.
- Liaison with other departments on issues pertaining to objections.
- Coordinating feedback on lessons learnt for betterment of the objection process.
- Signing of objection decisions for communicating to the taxpayer.
- Liaising with stakeholders (internal and external) to gather and disseminate information of the Tax Dispute.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognized university.
- A Master’s Degree, CPA or ACCA and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience in tax and/or customs administration.
- Exposure to tax and/or customs disputes management, resolution and negotiations.
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
Minimum year of experience
- Seven (7) years’ experience in dispute resolution practice, three (3) of which should be in a management position in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th March 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.