Manager – Alternative Dispute Resolution Job, Latest Legal Jobs,
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination,
Responsible for (Purpose of the job)
- Coordinating Case Review Forums, oversee preparation of Comprehensive Information Pack (CIP) for facilitators, co-ordinate CTDR administrative operations, revenue related activities, preparing policy briefs, strategies and evaluation of ADR initiatives undertaken. Facilitating simple tax disputes.
Tasks and outputs
- To ensure compliance with SLA’s;
- Participate in case review forums;
- Determine suitability of tax disputes for ADR;
- Participate in development of Comprehensive Information Packs (CIP) for facilitators;
- Participate in the implementation of Dispute Management and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) initiatives;
- Develop and managing an effective feedback mechanism for tracking ADR initiatives;
- Co-ordinate and manage tax disputes;
- Participating and coming up with strategies for stakeholder engagement (both internal and external);
- Preparing/review policy briefs and reports;
- Preparing strategic and operational reports for the division;
- Overseeing performance of Staff under his supervision;
- Participate in sensitization of stakeholders on ADR strategies employed by KRA;
- Maintain databases for disputes handled at ADR and other reports;
- Monitoring of general performance targets for the Division;
- Assist in the Administration, monitoring and compliance function of the division.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce; Finance or Accounting, Economics, Statistics & Law
- Must have undertaken 20-hour training on mediation skills;
- A member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Management and Governance courses.
- A Master’s Degree and CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- A good understanding of Revenue Statues and International Taxation;
- Exposure to disputes management, resolution and mediation skills.
Minimum years of experience
- Five (5) years’ experience in dispute resolution practice, two (2) of which should be in a entry level management position in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th March 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.