KRA Marine Engineer Supervisor Job
Department: Customs & Border Control
Division: Border Control & Enforcement
Section / Unit: Marine Operations
Location / Work Station: Usenge
This role is responsible for supervision and support of marine operations and serviceability of patrol crafts and standby generators in the assigned regional station(s).
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervise certification of contracted works in the unit to ensure they meet the Authority’s standards.
- Prepare planned maintenance work plan for the unit and ensure adherence by respective patrol teams/station
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Provide technical support for marine operations to achieve enforcement mandate of the unit.
- Prepare monthly maintenance and equipment status reports for patrol boats and standby generators to facilitate decision making.
- Keep required records and documents as per expected standards.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports for management decision making.
- Prepare incident reports to facilitate appropriate intervention.
- Prepare bill of quantities for repair works for patrol boats and standby generators.
- Facilitate development of annual maintenance contracts for patrol boats
- Prepare specs for dry docking of the boats
- Fueling of the boats
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Patrol Boat
- Dinghy for shallow water patrols
- Outboard engines
- Radio calls for communication
Decision Making / Job Influence
Job entails but not limited to strategic, managerial and operational decisions
The work environment encompasses both office(indoor) and field (sea) duties
- A bachelor’s degree in Marine, Mechanical, Plant, Agricultural, Electrical, Automotive or related engineering field from a recognized institution.
- Post Graduate Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration or equivalent
- Diploma in nautical knowledge
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in similar role
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- People management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Tax enforcement and Legislation
How to Apply