Officer – Independent Review of Objections Job, Current Accounting Jobs,
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination,
Division: Tax Dispute Resolution Division,
Section: Independent Review of Objections ,
Responsible for (Purpose of the job)
- Analysis of taxpayer objections, making recommendation on objections, communicating objection decisions, preparing and updating program reports.
Tasks and outputs
- Review lodged objections for validity
- Collect information and documents from the taxpayer and the assessing department
- Review documents submitted to support the objection.
- Participate in consultative meetings with the assessing department and the taxpayers
- Preparation of submissions for review by supervisor and Presentation to the Objections Review Committee
- Implementation of the recommendations of the Objections Review Committee
- Any other duties as allocated by the Supervisor
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Must have a tax training and/or exposure to taxes administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Must be knowledgeable and ready to learn
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
Minimum years of experience
- One (1) year work experience in a tax or dispute resolution environment in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong analytical and judgement skills
- A quick learner and ready to take instructions
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Computer literate.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th March 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.