Assets Development & Maintenance Manager Job, Latest Engineering Jobs,
Reports to the General Manager Business & Responsible for development and maintenance of corporation landed assets (real estate), access roads infrastructure in accordance with approved engineering standards and best industry practice to ensure the infrastructure and properties are functional during the design life.
a) Duties and responsibilities Duties
- Participates in project conceptualization and preparation of identified landed asset projects
- Oversees preparation of short, medium, and long term programmes for maintenance of estate, access roads and buildings
- Responsible for implementation of approved property development projects
- Leading in preparation of requirements for facility development and maintenance tender documents.
- Organizing donor and site meetings for safeguards of Donor sponsored infrastructure
- Certifies payment certificates for outsourced contractors
- Participates in stakeholder engagement to create awareness and support of the corporation’s infrastructure projects
- Facilitates development of engineering development and maintenance policies and standards
- Facilitates regular safety audits for non-rail asset (real estate, ) Responsible for planning and development of major rehabilitation works
- Responsible for planning, execution and maintenance of building infrastructure, roads, and civil works
- Responsible for tools, plant & equipment’s (Heavy earth moving equipment, ballast tamping machines ) for maintenance and capital works
- Overall responsibility for implementation of the Division’s strategic objectives
b) Requirements for the job
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a management role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Registered by Engineers Board of Kenya as a Professional Engineer with a post registration experience of at least six (8) years;
- Valid Annual Practicing License from the Engineers Board of Kenya;
- Certification in Project Management from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Project
- Certificate in Supervisory Course for at least two (2) weeks from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Leadership Course for at least four (4) weeks from a recognized
- Membership of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
- Proficiency in computer
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How To Apply
Applications to be addressed to the:
Managing Director, Kenya Railways,
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Wednesday, 12th May, 2021.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KENYA RAILWAYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER