Assistant Administration Manager Job, Current Administration Jobs,
Reports to the Administration Manager. Responsible for managing of auxiliary services including Corporations transport services and other utilities
a) Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the identification of the Corporation’s needs for equipment
- Managing administrative service contracts Ensuring vehicles are properly maintained
- Overseeing Inspection of vehicles
- Monitoring spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved
- Directing and coordinating, through subordinates, activities of operations department in order to obtain use of equipment, facilities, and human resources.
- Planning and implementing planed repairs and routine maintenance
- Planning for staff capacity building and Ensuring that all drivers and operators have the correct, up to date qualifications
- Monitoring vehicle usage to reduce the risk of vehicle overloading
- Participating in preparation of specifications for motor vehicle
- Ensures compliance with the applicable legal, statutory and regulatory requirements in undertaking motor vehicle repairs, maintenance and modifications.
- Leads in keeping updated and relevant knowledge of modern vehicle and heavy machines/plant maintenance techniques, maintenance equipment, production systems,
- Maintaining and completing accurate fleet records
- Keeping schedules and organizing staff to ensure efficient transport services for the Corporation.
- Preparing terms of reference for outsourced services;
- Managing the implementation of outsourced services;
- Overseeing efficient provision cleaning services in the Corporation;
- Managing the inventory of the Corporation assets including office premises, vehicle, office equipment and furniture.
- Facilitating travel clearance, visas and other necessary travel documents for the Board of Directors and staff travelling out of the country on official duties;
b) Requirements for the job
- Master degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Administration; Business Administration; Business Management Transport Management/Logistics; Office Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors’ degree in any of the following disciplines:- Transport Management/Logistics, Public Administration; Business Administration; Office Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience and at least three (3) in a supervisory role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Have attended Management course lasting not less than four
- (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks
- Member to relevant professional body;
- Computer proficiency from a recognized institution;
- Meets the provision of chapter six of the constitution.
How To Apply
Applications to be addressed to the:
Managing Director, Kenya Railways,
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Wednesday, 12th May, 2021.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KENYA RAILWAYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER