Infrastructure Development & Rail OperationsAssistant ICT Manager Job, Current IT Jobs,
Reports to the ICT Manager. Responsible for managing and coordinating the infrastructure equipment (on-board and field) and systems, while developing and implementing methodologies for infrastructure installation and support
a) Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in all office and field infrastructure equipment that include but not limited to On-Board Train Computers, Marine Equipment, Telephony Equipment, Train Simulator, Power backup Equipment, Radio Equipment and associated infrastructure, Public Address System, Tele and Video Conference equipment, Access Control equipment, Weighbridge
- Equipment, Ticketing & Parking Equipment, Biometric Equipment, Information Display Screens, Monitoring centre equipment, all communication equipment.
- Identify office and field infrastructure requirements in line with Systems, Application and business needs
- Custodian of all infrastructure equipment, architecture design and distribution documentation of all
- Approve all changes to be done on infrastructure equipment, system and architecture through the prescribed change management
- Provide leadership for the creation and implementation of a Corporation wide infrastructure equipment security
- Direct technical infrastructure system training for team
- Plan all backup activities for all running infrastructure equipment as laid down in the ICT policy or vendor recommended
- Ensure backup power is available and maintenance of the said equipment is in line with Industry set standards.
- Coordinate activities of infrastructure team while giving periodic report of the team to the ICT Manager while ensuring all projects are completed on time and within
b) Requirements for the job
- Master Degree in any of the following fields:- Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Information Technology, or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Bachelor Degree in any of the following fields:- Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Information Technology, or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Be in possession of any of the following: – CISA, ACCA, CRMA, CRA, CIA or CFE or (certified in Risk Information and control CRISC) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution and
How To Apply
Applications to be addressed to the:
Managing Director, Kenya Railways,
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Wednesday, 12th May, 2021.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KENYA RAILWAYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER