Systems Analysis & Innovation Assistant ICT Manager Job, Latest IT Jobs,
Reports to the ICT Manager. Responsible for formulating and Designing System Scope and new IT solutions in line with the Business Strategy and changing business procedures while considering computer equipment, capacity and limitations, operating time and desired results to meet business need.
a) Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads on development and delivery of an integrated ICT & Innovation Strategy and related policies and standards that are aligned with Corporation
- Identify ICT service requirements in line with the business and manage the
- Liaising extensively with users while analyzing existing systems and translating user requirements into highly specified project briefs to be translated to IT requirements to be used for specifications, system plans and architectural designs for
- Leads in Developing of all system architecture, design and
- Oversees translation of end-user information needs and formulates appropriate database queries for use in ad-hoc data extractions and reports, while fully supporting changes in required reports and queries from all Systems
- Oversee system update through patches and released
- Develop, document and maintain all system implementation procedures, business analysis standards and continuously update the same in line with best practice, industry standards and company
- Manage all change management processes linked with new systems or change of existing
- Standardize the company’s code and development environment while ensuring developed code is secure and backed
- Support ICT procurement process to ensure timely delivery of products and services in line with the budget
- Researching on ICT innovations and provide Business Improvement opportunities for the various business
- Work with the other departments to define the scope, goals and deliverables of ICT Innovations and
- Assist in Developing the Corporation ICT strategy and
- Working with the various business units to develop an integrated plan for execution of current and future ICT
- Plan, Implement and monitor all branch support activities to ensure all ICT services are available at all branches
- Provide leadership for the creation and implementation of a companywide ICT service program.
- Maintain vendor relationships while managing activities of hardware, software purchase and managing resulting contracts or warranties arising upon
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the training
- Coordinate end user training system wide on application and hardware usage and upgrades
b) Requirements for the job
- Master Degree in any of the following fields:- Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Information Technology, or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Bachelor Degree in any of the following fields:- Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Information Technology, or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Be in possession of any of the following: – Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Oracle Certified Database administrator (OCDBA), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How To Apply
Applications to be addressed to the:
Managing Director, Kenya Railways,
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Wednesday, 12th May, 2021.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KENYA RAILWAYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER