Information Communications Technology Manager Job, Kenyan Latest IT Jobs,
Reference No KUCCPS 052/21
Report to: Director, Corporate Services
The job holder is responsible for recognizing and exploiting the potential of evolving information communication technologies, in order to support the Placement Service goals and operations.
- Developing and reviewing the Information Communication Technology (ICT) policies and procedures;
- Implementing approved ICT Policies and Procedures;
- Preparing strategic and operational plans for the ICT Department;
- Planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating (complete project management) of infrastructure and software development projects undertaken for the Service;
- Establishing and enforcing ICT standards and procedures;
- Providing technical guidance in procurement of necessary Information Technology (IT) hardware, software, services and facilities;
- Ensuring prudence utilization of ICT infrastructure;
- Managing the Development, implementation and maintenance of software systems for the Service;
- Developing, implementing and reviewing strategies on ICT security and disaster recovery plans;
- Developing and implementing methods, tools and procedures for data integrity and assurance;
- Providing end-user training and support of implemented solutions and infrastructure;
- Providing consultancy services pertaining to the provision of software solutions.
Minimum Job Qualification
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, Business Information Technology or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- A Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines is desirable: – Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, Business Information Technology or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Have professional certification such as Certified Computer Network Professional (CCNP), CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Be a member of an ICT professional body.
- Have a certificate in Leadership Development Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How To Apply
Applications MUST be submitted online through the Placement Service careers portal careers.kuccps.net. Interested applicants are required to create a profile and attach copies of their CV, academic certificates, clearance certificates and testimonials before applying. The application deadline is August 12, 2021 at 5.00pm.