KUSCCO Job Vacancy : IT Officer
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Ref: UWSS-IT OFFICER – 2018
Reporting to the SACCO Manager, the job holder will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks of the organization, installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems
- Ensure the routine maintenance of ICT equipment;
- Ensure that virus protection software is installed on all PCs and updated regularly;
- Providing technical support to system users;
- Perform system administration tasks;
- Train staff in application usage and troubleshooting;
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring procedures for all server backups and reports generation;
- Monitoring of LAN / WAN and internet firewalls;
- Install, configuring and upgrading operating, security software and administrative packages;
- Perform E-marketing and communication i.e. website updates and running of face-book, twitter accounts etc
- Perform minimum programming tasks on the software.
- A degree in Computer science, IT, BIT or related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge of software project management.
- A+, N+ or Similar Certification in User support and Networking.
- Windows Server and Client Systems- Knowledge and Application.
- Skills in database Administration especially MSSQL, MySQL.
- Basic Programming Skills (.net, java).
- Good knowledge in local area networks, security of data;
- Has capability for troubleshooting and support;
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- At least 2 years of experience in a networked multi-user environment.
Interested persons meeting the minimum qualifications are invited to send their up to date CV and cover letter as one MS Word document to [email protected], quoting the relevant reference no. in the subject line of the email, to reach us on or before the 23rd November 2018.
Please note that your CV should contain your current mobile contacts, e-mail address and three references including that of immediate or former supervisor. Indicate in the cover letter your current and expected remuneration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.