Laboratory Technologist Jobs 2020, PSC Jobs,
Salary Scale: Ksh. 24,580 – Ksh.32,760 p.m. (CSG -‘12’)
Terms of service: Three (3) years Contract (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- a Diploma in any of the following fields:- Applied Sciences (Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Biology), Food Science and Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, from a recognized institution;
- a Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB); and
- a Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- decontaminating working benches;
- receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms and specimens for accuracy;
- preparing clients for collection of specimens;
- receiving, collecting, labelling and registering specimens;
- disaggregating specimens for processing and analysis; and
- performing routine diagnostic tests
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 11th May, 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).