Laboratory Technologist (Locum) at Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an ISO 9001:2008 certified secondary care hospital providing 24-hour inpatient and emergency services in the Coast Region of Kenya. The hospital offers a range of quality healthcare services in the areas of internal medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics & gynaecology, and intensive care. The Hospital includes comprehensive diagnostics, including imaging services, a leading ISO 15189-2007 accredited laboratory, high-quality physiotherapy, pharmacy service, and Halal certified catering service. Mission The Aga Khan Heath Service in Kenya is dedicated to providing quality patient care with special attention to access, affordability, clinical excellence, patient safety for the communities it serves.
Vacancy no: AKHK/MDLT/L/002
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing documentation, processing patient’s samples, ensuring timely dispatch of results and maintain records as per the AKHK laboratory policy.
- Receive and process specimens, release patients result and archive specimens as per laboratory procedures.
- Maintain relevant equipment in terms of routine maintenance, calibration, and quality control.
- Participate in proficiency testing and other quality assurance programs.
- Create and maintain documents and records as required in the laboratory.
- Select, bleed donors, and prepare blood and blood products for transfusion as per laboratory procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in microbiology.
- Ability to write and review SOPs.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Minimum three years working experience in a busy medical laboratory.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189 Standard is desirable.
- Possession of a Phlebotomy certificate will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory.
The post Laboratory Technologist (Locum) at Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.