Lead, Performance Management & Recognition at Mastercard Foundation
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling. The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are an experienced performance management lead, ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head, Total Rewards, Mobility & Performance Management, the Lead Performance Management and Recognition is responsible for executing the HR strategy for reward and performance management as well as implementing employee benefits schemes. This person will be a trusted advisor and will work closely with other HR team members and staff to suggest solutions and provide best practice and thinking around programs. This person will represent the Foundation and will have to be results oriented, agile, creative and a team player. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day rewards and recognition programs and the overall performance management program.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Responsible for building relationships amongst staff and leaders to ensure strong employee relations. Provide guidance, professional advice and partner with the HR Partners as required.
- Advise, coach and provide support to managers and HR Business Partners with compensation, benefits and performance management.
- Accountable for designing of the performance management and recognition strategy.
- Supports in the cascade of Foundation goals to the team.
- Responsible for the full cycle performance management process to include communications, coaching, training, etc. for all levels of employees to support the Foundation’s performance process including for annual goal setting, mid-year check-in’s and year-end reviews.
- Responsible for implementation and communication of all reward and recognition policies, practices and proceduresto keep programs alive, energetic and drive high usage.
- Accountable to manage and analyze the outcomes of the performance management process and identifies skills gaps to be addressed through skills upgrading programmes.
- Responsible for management reporting on Employee performance, progress/completion of process milestones such as goal setting completion, midyear check-in completion and year-end review completion and conducting goal audits.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) while working closely with the HR Business Partners to ensure these are well executed and monitored.
- Responsible for benchmarking and recommends policy and practice reviews and recognition programs to the Head Total Rewards and Mobility.
- Responsible for leading the development & rollout of a recognition framework
- Partners with the Head of Total Rewards and Mobility to create an atmosphere of appreciation within the Foundation.
- Lead the Foundation’s annual Succession Planning program.
- Build relationships with external support.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a University Degree and/or Graduate Degree preferably in Human Resources, Business, or a related field and/or equivalent combination.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading a rewards and/or performance management function.
- Previous experience designing, implementing, and managing recognition, performance management and/or motivational programs with proven results, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge required to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate performance management systems.
- Ability to facilitate teams to accomplish performance-related objectives
- Strong knowledge of local market regulations affecting rewards and benefits.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and best practices in rewards, benefits, and performance management.
- Strong numerical and advanced analytical skills with strong attention to detail are a must.
- Ability to influence others, including senior leaders, and able to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Technical skills (e.g., Excellent technical skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint & Yammer).
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You are humble and have in-depth ability to understand different situations but with the ability to interpret and give recommendation towards a positive resolution
- Language Skills Fluent in both English and French.
The post Lead, Performance Management & Recognition at Mastercard Foundation appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.