Lead Safety & Risk – AMO at Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Reporting to the Manager Quality Assurance & Safety – AMO, the ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring and maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment within the AMO in compliance with the relevant industry, regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, industry best practices and requirements of customer airlines. He/she will also be responsible for planning, directing and managing occupational safety, health and environment programs throughout the AMO as well as maintaining the Integrated Management System (ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 – Quality Management System, Environment Management System and Occupational Health & Safety Management System respectively).
- Implementation and management of the Safety Management System in line with regulatory requirements.
- Development, implementation and management of the Integrated Management System (ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001).
- Development and management of the AMO’s Sustainability Program.
- Develop and Manage the AMO’s safety risk program.
- Develop and ensure currency of relevant documentation and manuals on Safety & Health and on Environment & Sustainability.
- Implement the AMO’s emergency response plan to cover occupational accidents; injuries, fires, spills, dangerous goods etc.
- Collect, collate and produce periodic industrial safety reports to identify significant safety trends for action by management.
- Directly responsible for safety audits/inspections/surveys in line with statutory and company requirements.
- Investigate workplace incidents and accidents within the AMO and make appropriate recommendations for action.
- Ensure corrective actions from audits, inspections and investigations are implemented within the agreed timeframe.
- Promote safety culture amongst staff within the organization.
- Prepare, produce and disseminate safety information bulletin to raise safety awareness within the AMO.
- Identify and advise the AMO on new strategies and best practices for ensuring continual improvement in Safety, Health and Environmental issues.
- Liaison with regulatory bodies to ensure the AMO remains compliant on Safety, Health and Environmental issues.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Science or Engineering field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience, 3 of which must be in safety and 2 years of managing people.
- Certificate in safety management system training.
- Certificate in environment management system training.
- Working knowledge of Industrial Safety Regulations and Standards.
- Risk management, audit, accident/incident investigation, emergency response and root-cause analysis trainings will be added advantage.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, project management and people management skills.
- Analytical thinking
- Concern for order and quality
- Teamwork and cooperation
The post Lead Safety & Risk – AMO at Kenya Airways appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.