Leaf Sustainability Manager at British American Tobacco (BAT)
Few companies founded in 1902 are still going from strength to strength. Fewer still are leaders in more than 55 markets. And with one billion adult smokers around the world, we manufacture the cigarettes chosen by around one in eight of them. We take our business and our impact very seriously. We know the tobacco industry is a controversial one, and so it’s all the more important that we act responsibly, from the sourcing of tobacco leaf right through to how we market our products to adult consumers. Global to local Our business operates at a local, as well as global, level. We don’t own tobacco farms or directly employ farmers. More than 1,000 BAT leaf technicians worldwide support some 90,000 contracted farmers worldwide. We are a part of many local communities – both large and small – around the world, and in many countries we are the top employer and the company of choice for people employed at every stage of our supply chain.
Job Number: 35265
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT KENYA IS LOOKING FOR A LEAF SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior level
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role is to ensure that the information gathered, analysed and reported for the leaf growing and leaf sustainability initiatives is correct and accurate and can be used to make business decisions. The information it to be maintained and accessible for r eference.
Reports to: Leaf growing man ager
Reporting Level: Manages Self & Other
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Analyse FSM data and generate the required information as per STP criteria
- Maintain STP documents in line with record managementprocedures and Support STP initiatives
- Maintain up to date records and status of all afforestation activities and programme of with partners
- Oversee the management of designated BROA sites and all rehabilitationsites in collaboration with partners
- Oversee well running of farmer societies ensuring good governance practices
- Implement Thriveprojects
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Proficiency in Computer skills (Ms-access, Power Point, Ms- Excel and Ms-word)
- Good communication and instruction skills
- Minimum of Degree in Agriculture or related discipline with basic understanding of Tobacco agronomy
- Good Analytical skills by use of spreadsheets and databases
- Through research, to properly analyse and interpret the operatingenvironment including political dynamics, sectoral regulatory trends (e.g., FCTC) and the expectations of the society so as to prioritize the issues and to set realistic objectives
- Good Record keeping to effectively manage external agencies so that such agencies perform in line with the requirements of the brief
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovationin 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
The post Leaf Sustainability Manager at British American Tobacco (BAT) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.