Lecturer, Advocates Training Programme at Kenya School of Law
Kenya Law is a corporate body established by the National Council for Law Reporting Act,1994 and given the exclusive mandate of: “publication of the reports to be known as the Kenyan Law Reports which shall contain judgments, rulings and opinions of the Superior Courts of record and also undertake such other publications as in the opinion of the Council are reasonably related to or connected with the preparation and publication of the Kenya Law Reports” (section 3).
GRADE: KSL 6
Overall purpose of the job
- Reporting to the Assistant Director, Advocates Training Programme, the incumbent will teach short training courses and carry out research. The incumbent will also assist in the planning and coordination of specific programmes or projects within the department.Job specifications (duties)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in Conducting research;
- Assisting in teaching or training in the paralegal studies;
- Assisting in supervising students on internship/attachment;
- Assisting in verifying student admission documents;
- Assisting in the preparation of teaching manuals; and
- Assisting in setting, moderating and marking examinations.Persons’ specifications
To qualify for this position, the applicant must have: –
- At least four (4) years’ post admission relevant work experience in public or private sector;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LL.B) from a recognized university;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law;
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya with current practicing certificate;
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Meet requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
The post Lecturer, Advocates Training Programme at Kenya School of Law appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.