Legal Officer Job EAC – Career Point Kenya
Legal Officer Job, Legal Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position: Legal Officer (1 Post)
REF No: EAC/HR/2020-21/28)
Office: Office of the Executive Secretary
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Duty Station : Kisumu, Kenya
To provide legal advice to the Lake Victoria Basin Commission as well as rendering other legal services.
- Facilitate research and articulate regional best practices in harmonization of national laws;
- Draft, review and guide negotiations on Tripartite Protocols, Agreements, MOUs, Funding and Grant Agreements, Contracts and other legal documents ensuring their consistency with the mandate of the Commission and international law;
- Provide Partner States, upon request with all necessary legal support with regard to the implementation of the EAC Treaty, the Protocol establishing the LVBC and the Lake Victoria commission Act;
- Provide legal advice to the Commission in its relations with third parties and employees on matters concerning administration and employment;
- Represent the Commission in legal disputes;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from reputable University;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice or/and Certification of enrollment on the Bar in a Partner State;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at National and/or International level.
- Excellent legal drafting skills;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Proficiency in use of computers and report writing skills.
- All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
- All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21st August 2020.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records.