Legal Officer Job National Oil
Senior Legal Officer Job, Legal Jobs In Kenya July
POSITION : Senior Legal Officer
LOCATION : Head Office
REPORTS TO : Assistant Manager, Legal Services
JOB GROUP : NOC 5
JOB HOLDER : Vacant
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Legal Services, the ideal candidate is to assist in managing the legal function of the organisation in enhancing governance, in ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance within the organisation and in providing regulatory/legislative guidance as may be required.
- Participating in providing well researched legal advice and interpretation of various legal matters;
- Ensuring compliance with laws, rules and regulations in the Organisation;
- Handling the registration of the organisation’s intellectual property rights for its products and services;
- Participating in handling litigation and disputes involving the Company and liaising with the Company’s external lawyers on matters they are handling on behalf of the Company;
- Preparing, vetting and negotiating official legal documents to protect the interests of the Company;
- Supporting the review and drafting of contract agreements and ensuring that they are in compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Conducting searches on titles, drafting transfer documents and ensuring timely registration of the same;
- Conducting legal due diligence on all the customers, contractors, suppliers etc. before they enter into any dealings with the Company;
- Reviewing and providing advice on legal risk;
- Participating in reviewing and advising management on legal implications concerning internal policies and procedures; and
- Any other duty that may be assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Degree in Law (LLB);
- Post graduate diploma in Law;
- At least 5 years’ legal experience in a busy environment;
- Superior verbal, written and communication skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Well-developed negotiation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Good organizing and coordinating skills;
How to Apply
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti – Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Evidence of on-going clearance is admissible subject to satisfactory results (presentation of a clearance certificate from the above institutions) before the selection process.
Interested candidates can access advertisement and application details on the National Oil website www.nationaloil.co.ke Applicants should email applications to [email protected] In addition, please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience, positions held relevant to this role and indicate your current remuneration. Include your day and evening phone numbers, email address, names and addresses of three professional referees.
Applications should reach us not later than 5pm on Friday 31st July 2020.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
National Oil is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity